New Archspire anyone?

Rosal76

Reaction score
Most of their material is completely playable on a seven isn't it? IIRC Dean hardly used the low string and Tobi uses a seven exclusively.

Well, the Beyond creation: Algorythm tab book released from Fortiz Music publishing is wrong as it was not transcribed by the band members themselves. The notes in the book did not match what they were playing in their Youtube guitar playthrough for the song, Entre Suffrage Et Mirage. Knowing that, I have no idea what Beyond creation songs could be played on a 7 string on the Algorythm album. However, they did use 7 and 8 string guitars on their first album, The Aura. I just don't know which songs they used their 7 string guitars on and which used their 8 strings on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Well, the Beyond creation: Algorythm tab book released from Fortiz Music publishing is wrong as it was not transcribed by the band members themselves. The notes in the book did not match what they were playing in their Youtube guitar playthrough for the song, Entre Suffrage Et Mirage. Knowing that, I have no idea what Beyond creation songs could be played on a 7 string on the Algorythm album. However, they did use 7 and 8 string guitars on their first album, The Aura. I just don't know which songs they used their 7 string guitars on and which used their 8 strings on.

If it sounds like DugDugDugDug, it is the 7 string.
If it sounds like DuhgDuhgDuhgDuhg, it is the 8 string.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Tobi moved to an 8, and a lot of their tasty riffs will have passing notes on the lowest string if it’s Dean’s riff.

I may buy one of the older books for greater % playable on a 7.

It may be time to tune my 7 below B standard. A wild time awaits.

Hmmm, I've never really noticed all too much that couldn't be done with some small transpositions. Even on the newer material. Maybe I need to pay more attention.

Either way, the new stuff is in drop A, so EAEADGBE. I've been tinkering with Golden Mouth of Ruin and there are only two notes utilizing the 8. The songs being in drop A make the transposition even easier now...so far :lol:

zappatton2

Reaction score
Despite spending the last quarter-century being an insufferable vinyl snob, I decided (both out of concerns for space and affordability) to dip my toes back into buying CDs. And the very first CD I bought in over a decade was this specific album. I don't think I've touched my turntable in the almost week that I've had this album, I literally can't stop listening to it!

Reaction score
I was already a fan boy before this release. Them and Beyond Creation make up most of my playlists. But this one has been almost all I have listened to since it was released. Really digging it. I think they really stepped it up in several ways. I didn't like their guitar tones a whole lot before, bass sounded awesome on Relentless, even better on this one. Their playing sounds tighter. Tones are better. More catchy. Better songwriting. There are still parts of a couple tracks that are a little boring, but overall it is my favorite release in a while.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Announced today or yesterday, but they're going on a headlining tour with Entheos, Inferi, and Vulvodynia supporting. Should make for an awesome set of shows.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
The music sounds like a dethklok esque parody. People take this seriously?
Megadeth sounds like cookie monster music. People take this seriously?

But no, I'd say I dont take it seriously. I like the music, sure.

aesthyrian

Reaction score
attachment-Archspire-Tech-Trek-V-Tour-Admat.jpg

Stoked that they are playing Denver on 4/20. These dudes know what's up. Can't wait! :dime:

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
The music sounds like a dethklok esque parody. People take this seriously?
Yes, but also no. Take it seriously as in "Those guys can play circles around 99.99% of everyone with ease" - yes. But I mean come on, it's inhumanly fast, the vocals are nuts, it's not meant to be treated like classical music, lol. People still take Bon Jovi seriously so I think there's room for death metal. And no offense to Brendan, but nothing in Dethklok is even close to as brutal or ridiculous musically as what's going on with Archspire.

')