new AxePalace RG2027XLS Limited Run (Satin Silver)

• Thread starter soldierkahn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Totally excited, reminds me of the GN finish. Comes with Luminlays, blank ebony board, and the best part..... only $100 more than stock model!!!!!

https://axepalace.com/guitars/limit...agwAd7uoNMUWBxWXwjC62gXusOQCE04M#.XF30_1xKjDd

Ibanez Prestige RG2027XLS Exclusive Limited Run 7-String Baritone in "Silver Satin" with Stainless Steel frets, Ebony fingerboard, 27" scale, Luminlay side dots, Lo Pro Edge tremolo, and choice of pickups. Taking pre-orders now for July/August delivery.

rg2027xl_ag.jpg

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn it, I was just starting to actually save some money for once.

Zooming in on the pic, it looks to be a sparkly silver. Is this a satin sparkle finish??

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Damn it, I was just starting to actually save some money for once.

Zooming in on the pic, it looks to be a sparkly silver. Is this a satin sparkle finish??

This mockup was actually provided to us by Ibanez and is "official". That said its a satin metallic silver, but definitely not a sparkle/flake finish :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah that was the inspiration, a mix between the RG1077XL and K7 with some modern flair with the stainless steel frets, luminlays, ebony board, etc.

As soon as I saw these were coming back I knew you were going to get a run together for something cool. :lol:
I'm not buying in on this one because I've just done more than enough guitar-oriented purchasing this month, but I just want to say you guys have done an absolutely amazing job with these specialized runs and the guitars that you spec out actually feel like the 'definitive' versions of the official models. Keep on keepin' on Nick you guys are killin' it.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
As soon as I saw these were coming back I knew you were going to get a run together for something cool. :lol:
I'm not buying in on this one because I've just done more than enough guitar-oriented purchasing this month, but I just want to say you guys have done an absolutely amazing job with these specialized runs and the guitars that you spec out actually feel like the 'definitive' versions of the official models. Keep on keepin' on Nick you guys are killin' it.

Fuck I really want this. Maybe if I get a good enough tax refund I can justify the deposit lmao

Thanks guys, and no worries if you cant swing it. Keep in mind these won't be coming until July and if you change your mind a $500 deposit is all thats needed to lock one in :)

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
Potentially dumb question: does the normal 2027XL not have SS frets?

also, @zimbloth thanks for setting this up. Is it possible to get a mismatched pup set instead of swapping in a matched pair? And does it come with a case like the regular 2027xl?

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
getting the grey one also gives me a legitimate excuse to ALSO get an RG1077XL later lmao!

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
Thanks guys, and no worries if you cant swing it. Keep in mind these won't be coming until July and if you change your mind a $500 deposit is all thats needed to lock one in :)
How do I find out about these runs you guys do? I will no longer buy a new guitar without stainless steel frets, you seem to do many of these.

Type_R3387

Reaction score
Is this run limited to a specific number of orders? Absolutely killer color for this model!

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Is this run limited to a specific number of orders? Absolutely killer color for this model!

no limit on numbers, but they arent going to be due in until Summer. thats the only thing is the wait. but i think its worth it.

@Dumple Stilzkin - on facebook, send a friend request to Axe Palace. They always give you the heads up on ALL the limited runs and new imports they get as they come in

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
Black Heaven's sound massive. That's going to be a beast!!!

its also gonna be super badass because i wont have to install the luminlays myself, AND the black heavens will look cooler on a grey background than the royal blue looking stock 2027. I think its neat that when you look at both the 2027 and spot model, they directly reflect the K7 colors :)