New band is in Drop C, so I should tune to....?

• Thread starter Bribanez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
CGCFADG-I had my COW7 briefly tuned to this with a .08. It was fun but as people said tension could be a problem. It felt a lot better in C standard.

ACGCFAD could be interesting too. It's like A standard on a 7 but you drop the D to a C to get the drop-C thing going on. I occasionally tune the COW to BDADGBE and it's fun to screw around with. Definitely worth a shot if you don't want a low G:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
As I thought then :) Just don't get how djent goes together with chuggachugga :shred:

Chug-chuggachuggachugg is like fast riffy Maideny rhythms. Djent... djentdjent, djent... djent would be off-beat breakdowny stuff. Meh, onomatopoeia. It's just words for noises.

Reaction score
Have you considered replacing your other guitarist with a real man so you can drop to a real tuning?

failshredder

hammer every cock
Reaction score
Play a damn six-string in drop-C. Seriously. It won't kill you.

In fact, sixxers are way more fun than sevens. :fawk:

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
Doubling strings IMO would open up some interesting territory, as a few people mentioned earlier. I'd keep the 7 if I were you, just adjust to the bands tuning and have an extra bonus string to play circles around the guys with the 6ers.

unitas

Reaction score
C standard on the 7. (Good God man! up-tune a guitar for metal?! Are you crazy?! Yes, yes I am.)

Gamba

Cobra Commander
Reaction score
Doubling strings IMO would open up some interesting territory, as a few people mentioned earlier. I'd keep the 7 if I were you, just adjust to the bands tuning and have an extra bonus string to play circles around the guys with the 6ers.
^this :D
That was exactly what I meant, I mean, why getting a lower G if the other dude will keep holding you back? Just get another C and blow his brains , and ears, out!

Reaction score
drop c, then get a super thick string for the 7th and make it a lower octave c! i a lower octave c on my 8 string, an i love it! im trying to get others to try it, so watch my video to see if it's something you wanna try:

YouTube - an octave lower than drop c

otherwise, i'd recommend a lower g or f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')