New basement studio

• Thread starter DarkCide
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkCide

Reaction score
Still work in progress.

upload_2020-5-3_23-53-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-3_23-52-33.png
    upload_2020-5-3_23-52-33.png
    910.3 KB · Views: 11

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sylim

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
damn, that looks nice.

DarkCide

Reaction score
That's a nice space! If you can, try to build a compartment in there for recording amps/drums, it'll be difficult to judge miced up tones otherwise.

What do you mean by amps compartment? You mean dedicated space with sound panels around a the cab?

nightlight

Reaction score
What do you mean by amps compartment? You mean dedicated space with sound panels around a the cab?

A sound proofed cubicle within the room. Basically so that you only hear the miced up guitar sound on your monitors, not the sound of the cab. The room is big enough, so you should be able to do it.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Sick space.

Watch your monitors spacing. You have the room to get the desk away from the wall and have the correct setup and treatment, so use it. Let me know if you are unsure how to do that!

DarkCide

Reaction score
Sick space.

Watch your monitors spacing. You have the room to get the desk away from the wall and have the correct setup and treatment, so use it. Let me know if you are unsure how to do that!

Good observation. I moved the desk away from the wall today and formed a triangle.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Oh my god! How much work has it taken to get to this point?

4Eyes

Reaction score
Forget foam, rockwool!

Looks like the "safe place" everybody talks about in meditations :lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Where the heck do you live that you have that much space for a studio? No way you're in NY or California lol

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm considering adding ceiling panels for the open area in the back. Any recommendations to add foam panels or make more panels using the Rockwool insulation?

IMG-20210213-152030442-HDR.jpg
I mean, how's it sound? I'm not an expert on acoustic design, even close to it, but I thought one of the schools of thought is to deaden one side of a room, where the desk and monitors are generaly, but leave the back of the room a little more alive. At a minimum, it wouldn't hurt just to listen to some stuff and do some testing to see how flat the space is, and if it's too alive, maybe then add more trapping.

Latest posts

')