New BC Rich? I digs

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm loving the new BC Rich lineup.. They are putting out some really nice products.
But I'm curious about the Rockfield pickups that some of the models have.. I've never had a chance to try anything from Rockfield.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JerkyChid

Beef jerky kid
Reaction score
In the custom model I have plans for (which I'll execute when I have the cash), I wanted a switch where the knob is. Neck,bridge,kill. No volume knob..that's it. That neck dual rail is magic and it sucks that they got rid of it. And the lighter ghost flames on the handcrafted look better than the darker flames on this Draco.

Jay on the BC Rich boards does refinishing and whatnot. I plan on sending an 09 Draco to him to attempt a prototype of the custom model I'd want.

Oh, and the handcrafted one has my idea of a mahogany body and neck with a maple cap.

Sounds awesome dude.

I gotta say that BCR has really impressed me this year (too bad about the Big Beast 8 being dropped though :(... I like when people listen to my ideas...) But in all honesty, I'm not sure I would get anything from this lineup if I had the money. Was really hoping the JrV would be a baritone model and fixed, but alas. Perhaps if the Devin Townsend sig Peavy isn't too much more than one of the BCR 7s I'll see about getting it and adding a neck pickup route, blackouts, and more knobs; but if I get more money and that would be too much then back to BCR I come :hbang:

I'm loving the new BC Rich lineup.. They are putting out some really nice products.
But I'm curious about the Rockfield pickups that some of the models have.. I've never had a chance to try anything from Rockfield.

Rockfield's are good. Think lower output Seymour Duncans.

Reaction score
That's another thing. I'd love for them to put more Rockfield stuff in their line. Those pickups are killer and I'm dying to try the Black Betty actives. From what I've heard they sound killer. Ever since I first tried them when I got my first Draco I've been all about the Rockfield Fat Ass pickup. I love those things. Their step into active territory sounds interesting and I'm either going with dual Fat Asses or Black Bettys in the explorer I just got.

JerkyChid

Beef jerky kid
Reaction score
That's another thing. I'd love for them to put more Rockfield stuff in their line. Those pickups are killer and I'm dying to try the Black Betty actives. From what I've heard they sound killer. Ever since I first tried them when I got my first Draco I've been all about the Rockfield Fat Ass pickup. I love those things. Their step into active territory sounds interesting and I'm either going with dual Fat Asses or Black Bettys in the explorer I just got.

Yeah if I had a guitar with Rockfields it would be a hell of a long time before I felt the need to switch. the SWV and the Fatass seem like they would be an awesome combo together personally.

Also, I'm really surprised that the entry level guitars this year are all mahogany! They really are getting it!

')