New BC Rich Same Bullshit.

• Thread starter SandyRavage
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SandyRavage

Reaction score
LOrftpW.png

Not trying to shitpost too much but I’m in the same boat and my local dealer has had radio silence from BC Rich since June. I’m seeing more than a few of these situations pop up and a few friends still haven’t received guitars waiting months.

They are obviously delivering some guitars and I understand the global supply chain issues currently but this has red flags all over it.

I’m only out a few hundred for deposit currently and still hoping for delivery but this isn’t an awesome look for their new ownership.

Just my 2 Cents and I’m still holding onto hope for some resurgence especially with some of the recent posts and guitars but this forum has taught me to be very skeptical seeing stuff like this.

Hopefully no one gets burnt this time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not surprised. I have yet to see one in a shop, and have seen not a thing here aside one(?) Months ago. They haven't been active on their fb either (only form of social media I have) from what I have seen save a picture of an iron bird.

manu80

Reaction score
Look at thomann’s ETA’s for a lot of products,11/16 weeks !!! And some stuff are still pushed back
Some 2021 stiff will be there on 2022
Bc rich says they are shipping stuff on their fb but yes, jackson, charvel, dimarzio etc all all delayed....

Flick

Reaction score
There is a major jam at port. Tons of shipping containers sitting around waiting to be unloaded. Increased demand and decreased labor are to blame. It could very well be a situation where the guitar was made and is sitting on a shipping container at port. Some of these containers have been sitting there for months. Impossible to get any communication from port when the container will be unloaded. They are up to their necks in work to do. Larger companies can pay to have their containers prioritized, further pushing back the smaller guys. This is why we keep seeing further delays on preorders from oversees.

SandyRavage

Reaction score
I understand the port situation well, as well as supply chain issues.

My issue is ghosting vendors. No communication since June is a tough pill to swallow when they were getting monthly and weekly updates previously.

Either way matters not. We will see what transpires in the coming months hopefully turns out well.

trem licking

Reaction score
I've seen shitloads of guitars in recent pics at their warehouse, you can buy some models at a few retail locations. definitely just a hiccup due to what's already been said above

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
This isn't a BC Rich thing - its an everyone thing. The globe is still spinning wheels in mud right now. Try buying a car right now.

We just got our new hot tub cover, after waiting a full year, when the original ETA was supposed to be 16 weeks. Everything is f'ed right now.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Just be glad you didn't preorder an ormsby, took me 2 years to get a production model (and that was with pre pandemic shipping/logistics)

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Maybe the OP should change the thread title to something like: Can you believe that BC Rich isn't the main priority in the Global Market?! It is still click-baity, but more accurate.

Chokey Chicken

mouth breather
Reaction score
Is that your first message to them? Holy shit is that aggressive if so. A simple "I ordered this thing and have heard nothing. Shop is getting no info either. What's up? I'm concerned my business is being put off to the side. I don't want to, but if there is no more communication I will have to regrettably take my business elsewhere. I understand that delays happen, especially currently, but lack of communication is worrying."

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Why would you drop a deposit on an import anyways?

I’d just be patient….it’ll come eventually or just cancel the order and get your money back.

jl-austin

Reaction score
I have placed 2 separate ordered from Dimarzio, and both came within 2 weeks. I'm thinking, if I can't get new guitars, at least I can change out some of the pickups I have been wanting to change for awhile! I'm actually thinking about trying to get the IBZUSZ F3 and F2 pickups for an Ibanez. They will have to be custom made.

On a side note, I have never had any dealings with Dimarzio in the past, but I am super impressed!

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
@jl-austin
DiMarzio are stellar. Great communication and customer service all around. I can say the same about EMG too.

@SandyRavage
Sucks man. I can understand feeling the frustration. At least you know you’re not alone. I’ve only been buying in-stock items for this reason, and have been lucky to not be GASing for gear that is pending release.

')