New Beneath the Massacre song "Black Tide"

• Thread starter Lon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robokid

Reaction score
Not a big deathmetal guy, a bit too fast-paced for my tastes, but the playing was very tight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Holy shit. The tone is quite a bit better. I love that they're incorporating a bit more groove into the writing.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Never was a BtM fan, so everytime this thread got bumped I said "Meh"

Decided to give it a try and WHAAAAATTTT!!!?!?!? That was fucking tremendous. :metal:

windu

Reaction score
they are coming out with a 5 song ep sept 14. just a demo till they release a new album is what they said. i cant fucking wait!

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
I think that's a case of studio magic though, no guitarist is that tight.

Agreed. Sounds pretty much like "note-by-note"-editing, which i hate. I mean, it fits this band, but it annoys the shit out of me as only we as musicians know how this is done, and on the other side dumbfuck-magazines etc. think thats really PLAYED that way, and even think the drums are 100% "real". They, and the average listener then declare stuff like this as "standard", and if you then come up as a band with an "honest" record, you only get "iz not as tight as beneath the ratata, XD ^^" or some lame bullshit.

Mexi

Reaction score
I normally hate on this band cause its just blastbeats and mindless wankery that is ridiculously played out. however, this song actually has a pretty decent mix of melody/brutality and pretty solid production.

Reaction score
Agreed. Sounds pretty much like "note-by-note"-editing, which i hate. I mean, it fits this band, but it annoys the shit out of me as only we as musicians know how this is done, and on the other side dumbfuck-magazines etc. think thats really PLAYED that way, and even think the drums are 100% "real". They, and the average listener then declare stuff like this as "standard", and if you then come up as a band with an "honest" record, you only get "iz not as tight as beneath the ratata, XD ^^" or some lame bullshit.

Honestly, I don't have an issue with bands recording their albums that way to get a lot of tightness. When they can't play it as well live is when I have an issue.

For example, the guitarist of Vaeramia (sic)

That's reasonably clean for what he's playing and I wouldn't mind seeing them live at all.

Unfortunately, as much as I love Braindrill this was too disappointing :(

A sloppy mess of shit FTL.

GoreNotCore

Reaction score
beneath the massacre is badass enough i can ignore the breakdowns. this song doesnt even have any, so :yesway:

and nice viraemia refernces :p

Reaction score

To be fair, everyone in Beneath The Massacre is an extremely good player, and they all can play their shit live...

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
To be fair, everyone in Beneath The Massacre is an extremely good player, and they all can play their shit live...

Well, they ARE Great players - however, i have seen them live 4-5 times now, and never where they anywhere near as tight as on CD - which is, again, sometimes not even possible, for no one. Again, they are tight enough - not like Braindrill or something, which seem to be live like a total beginners band....

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I think that's a case of studio magic though, no guitarist is that tight.

I don't know... have you seen them live? He's pretty fucking spot on, even live, at least the times I've seen them.

Latest posts

')