New Beneath the Massacre song "Black Tide"

• Thread starter Lon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
I love BTM to death
really I do
but this new song just sounded dumbed down to me
I mean compared to their other stuff its really dumbed down imo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
They were super tight last time I saw them. Maybe you just caught them on a bad day. Hell, I've seen Muhammed from Necrophagist have a shitty gig before. I wanted to cry afterwards.

Reaction score
I love BTM to death
really I do
but this new song just sounded dumbed down to me
I mean compared to their other stuff its really dumbed down imo

I don't think so. It's just more melodic instead of the usual chaotic noise with tapping riffs every 2 seconds. I think more melody is a good thing. I've always liked them but I can't listen to their older stuff all the time without getting tired of it.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I don't think so. It's just more melodic instead of the usual chaotic noise with tapping riffs every 2 seconds. I think more melody is a good thing.

Agreed. I think this is just a case of them maturing as musicians. They seem to be concentrating on flow and structure verses fitting as many sixteenth notes into a songs as possible. It's a good balance.

brodjentle

Reaction score
I've been starting to get bored with bands that are just technical throughout the entire songs, but I have to agree with this 100%. Beneath the Massacre are still one of the only overly technical bands I listen to. I wish they had more riffage that was less wank. They could be absolutely fucking brutal, especially with those vocals.

For example, Viraemia have some pretty good riffs when they're not just noodling as fast as possible.

That being said, all of these guys are talented as fuck. I've never met them or had a chance to see them live, but they probably own live and are generally good dudes.
agreed and they sound amazing live you should see them

Reaction score
I finally get the opportunity to see them live. I've wanted to since their first demo but plans always fell through to get over to Montreal.

August 28th, they hit Halifax. I'm actually pretty fucking stoked to see the madness live. They are playing with Ion Dissonance. I've seen Ion Dissonance twice and they are fucking retarded.

I have one simple question, though. Just how big is Elliott in person? I mean, the dude looks fucking JACKED in pictures. Is he tall? Short? Friendly? I want to shake his hand, but I'm scared he'll crush it. I'm about to get a cast off from breaking a bone in my hand, I don't want to wear another cast anytime soon!

I'm real stoked on seeing Dennis shred the fuck out his bass in person. Hopefully he plays the BTB Prestige. Those things are beastly. I expect good things from Chris, too. His guitar work is incredible. Whether it's shredding as fast as possible or jamming out on a breakdown, this dude is flawless. As a bassist, I just won't be able to help pay more attention to Dennis. I love listening to the bass on the albums. Him and Stephan Fimmers blow my mind.

Hell, the whole band should be fucking awesome to watch. I hope Justin's drum performance is as fucked as Alex Pelletier's!

Brujo665

Reaction score
Such a sick song!!! The EP is finally out and it rocks... has anyone found a good tab for this particualr song yet? Trying to learn it by ear and watching live videos but just getting stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sikthness

Reaction score
I'm confused is there another EP that just came out? Cuz black tide was on an Ep thats over a year old ?

Brujo665

Reaction score
Ah sorry guys, pretty embarrassing, I had just picked up the 2010 ep last week, and was convinced that it was released this year, then I checked the sleeve, put my palm to my face, idiot mistake. Either way I'm still trying to learn the tune, I've looked up and down and haven't been able to find a tab for it haha

')