New Bleeding Through

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
If anything, I thought that the bass on "Declaration" really drowns out everything else but the drums.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't listened to the album in a few months, so I actually don't remember :rofl: that might be it!

Yup. that's it (on the myspace).

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
It's out :scratch: I saw it in HMV when I went looking for Periphery/whatever caught my eye

TasmanSam

Reaction score
I loved declaration, very cool album, not so cool mix
Didnt like the new album much, the guitar tone didnt agree with me. im going to give it another few listens to see if it grows on me like declaration did

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Bleeding Through wins for best lyric ever;

"You're just a bitch, you think I'd let you forget!!!!?!!!!!?!!!!!!!"

:rofl:

It's from the This is Love, this is Murderous album. I can't remember exactly which song though. I remember jamming that with my friends in high school. We'd all laugh our asses off when he screamed that. I think it's made even more hilarious because it doesn't really fit with the rest of the lyrics, which have a sort of a goth/dark lover's lament type of thing.

Reaction score
i used to love this band throughout highschool and first saw them in 2006 i think but then got sick of them for a few years. i checked out the new cd i really like it, on first listen i didnt but i gave it a week and decided to give it a second chance. i rate it above their last cd for sure

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
As some have said above, I didn't really dig the mix on "Declaration"...this new stuff sounds a lot more like the Bleeding Through that I know and love.

Reaction score
Bleeding Through wins for best lyric ever;

"You're just a bitch, you think I'd let you forget!!!!?!!!!!?!!!!!!!"

:rofl:

It's from the This is Love, this is Murderous album. I can't remember exactly which song though. I remember jamming that with my friends in high school. We'd all laugh our asses off when he screamed that. I think it's made even more hilarious because it doesn't really fit with the rest of the lyrics, which have a sort of a goth/dark lover's lament type of thing.
That is one of the best metalcore albums ever.:hbang:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Hooray for distinguishable guitars!

Definitely going to be buying this.

glad we're on the same page :lol:

for the record, I don't really dig the pre-declaration stuff much.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
Bleeding Through was the first "core" show I ever saw, and back when I was like 14 or 15 it scared the shit out of me. Nowadays they don't even compete with half of the shows around me, but it's a great introduction to the scene, especially for a kid who grew up on Cryptopsy and Carcass. There newer records always offer that one extremely catchy song that ends up being sort of "classic". They played Long Island last night with Born of Osiris, but I sadly missed it.

AzzMan

Reaction score
The mix for Declaration is really bad, the bass is so boomy I can't even listen to it in my car. It's okay on my home stereo. It's a good album though, and I'm waiting to get the new album right now. I think I'll go see them Tuesday with BOO. I think they'd be really fun live. Anybody else going?

metaljohn

SS's Only Dick Butt
Reaction score
I also didn't feel that there were any real standout tracks on Declaration, aside from the title track.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Love their entire discography. Seen 'em countless times live; definitely one of the best live bands around.

I actually loved the mix in Declaration. Sounds soooo nice in my car. I could see how it would not be so great with different size speakers, or cheap speakers.

This new album is naaaaasty.

Necky379

Reaction score
i liked it but i miss the old sound they had from "this is love". the newer stuff is more metal and less "core" imo which is fine but they did the metalcore thing so well i really enjoyed it.

havent seen them live yet but i hear nothing but good things. hopefully they come to ct soon.

didnt devin townsend mix declaration? either way i agree that the new mix is way better and the vocals are the best they've ever been imo.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
The new album is amazing. I've been watching them play a lot of it every day on tour. If you can come out to a show, definitely do it. BT has been KILLING it live.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Good to hear they put on a good show to go with the music!

I don't think that tour stops/stopped in Canada - I thought BOO was playing here next wednesday, turns out one of the bands on the tour is playing here next wed, no BT/BOO - which was why I looked up BT, after seeing the new album in HMV.

')