New BMTH - Thoughts?

• Thread starter -One-
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm willing to take all of the flame in the world for this, but I really like this album. It's a departure from the crap that was Suicide Season and Cut Up!, and sounds great. It's a very personal record (at times), and sometimes it's just over-the-top-in-your-face. I'm a big fan of the songs with the orchestral elements (Crucify Me, Don't Go, It Never Ends, Memorial), even if I don't like Oli Sykes' vocals. That said, the new guitarist brought some great riffs, and some super djenty tones to this album, and I actually like it a lot. What is everyone else's thoughts?
Also, the breakdown in Anthem is the heaviest thing I've ever heard :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

splinter8451

Reaction score
I love all their albums especially Suicide Season. Cut Up! can't really be considered an album cause it's just remixes :lol:

That said the new album is awesome as fuck.

inb4 all the hate.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I don't like this band at all. Emo looks and quasi metal don't mix. Let's keep it at that.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm always willing to give a band a second, third or fifteenth chance.

I'll check their new stuff out, but I've never been wowed by them.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
I don't like this band at all. Emo looks and quasi metal don't mix. Let's keep it at that.

Or you could not care about what they look like and just listen to the music...

I like the new album a lot.

ittoa666

Reaction score
So you can't like a band because they got somewhere with their music?

You don't see my point. I heard them, didn't like it, and now I still don't like them. Please don't try to flame me, for both of our best interests.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
You don't see my point. I heard them, didn't like it, and now I still don't like them. Please don't try to flame me, for both of our best interests.

:rolleyes:
I'm not going to flame you, calm down.

But hating on a band because of how they dress is a very elementary way to think, which is what I got out of your first post.
If you don't like them, cool. Why post in a thread about them?

ittoa666

Reaction score

But hating on a band because of how they dress is a very elementary way to think, which is what I got out of your first post.

If I liked the music, I wouldn't care how they look. I posted my simple, non-offensive opinion, and you asked why, so I explained why I don't like them. Their ethos goes against how I think, like looking a certain way or playing a certain type of music to get popular. :yesway:

Reaction score
It all sounded the same to me. Like every riff sounded the same except when breakdowns came in. Oli's vocals sucked. Didnt really like the tone either if i remember right.
Just not the album or band for me.

Rotatous

Reaction score
If I liked the music, I wouldn't care how they look. I posted my simple, non-offensive opinion, and you asked why, so I explained why I don't like them. Their ethos goes against how I think, like looking a certain way or playing a certain type of music to get popular. :yesway:

+1

Boring, uninteresting, uncreative, trendy deathcore/metalcore is something I've never been interested in.

Same reasons I don't like any pop.

Jims

Reaction score
...I hate to say it but a few songs on it were pretty enjoyable...and I have no idea why :\

I liked there early albums...when I was at the time like 14/15 then suicide season came out when I'd already grown away from them and I ignored them since.

Gave this album a try...and some of its not actually that bad D:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I saw them on a late night metal tv show and they didn't sound as MEGA GAY as they used to.

Except, they still look like faggots. :2c:

TasmanSam

Reaction score
way more musical than their other stuff, but sometimes it feels like there is way to much going on. But I actually kinda like it.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score

Because the thread is for people to share their thoughts, there was never any prompt to share positive thoughts only.

Also, go ahead and be the perfect human but for the imperfect like myself, I personally think they look rediculous. There may be people who think I look rediculous, but I'm okay with that. Every time I hear the words/phrases 'bring me', 'horizon' 'the horizon' - I just think of the band and the tragic teenage girls who listen to their music, blissfully convincing themselves they listen to ultra mega brutal death metal of the highest calibre.

')