New body shape for Strictly 7 guitars ((pic inside))

• Thread starter xshreditupx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
so today Jim (strictly 7 owner) sent me an email with a pic of a new body shape they are working for namm. after chatting with him for a while and telling him about the interest everyone has about the new products for 2011 he agreed to let me put up a post. the guitar you are about to see is in EARLY production. it will be available with all of the strictly 7 options, and looks like its going to be a real stand out design for jim. to me it looks like a cross between a super strat and a V style guitar. its an awesome shape for sure. enough talk, here is a peek

IMG00007-20101201-2055.jpg

Jim will be emailing me some cad drawings of the single cut he is planning, and i will be posting it as soon as i get a free second. feel free to ask any questions you want about any of the posts i am making. Jim and I speak often and any questions will go straight to him. hope you guys like this one, i do for sure.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Not my thing in the least, but it's still cool that they're taking the 7 world to a new dimension. Congrats on the endorsement as well, man. FFAA is one of my most played bands on iTunes. :metal:

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Like I said in chat, it looks like an off-set version of the Zakk Wydle SG V hybrid, only not stupid looking.

And it has the proper amount of strings. Of course, I would have to be in a specific mood to play it, though.

All in all, it's good to see Jim bringing out some more shapes. :yesway:

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
What Brandon said. I'm not huge on radical star shapes, etc, but it would definitely be cool with some exotic woods and other WILD SHIT

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
Hmm I expected a combination of my 2 fav shapes (superstrats and RR's) to be a bit more enticing...but I think I could get in to this

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
Hmm I expected a combination of my 2 fav shapes (superstrats and RR's) to be a bit more enticing...but I think I could get in to this

when its done, its gonna be BANANAS, i picture it with a sweet match flame maple top, some kinda burst or something. i cant wait, but who knows what jim has in store

aiur55

Reaction score
Was half expecting to see a marilyn type shape before my brain fully registured it wasnt...
Not my cup of tea, but definitely something different. Can't wait to see a finished version.

Soopahmahn

Tu ne cede malis
Reaction score
Jim's got a good eye, that will look lovely. He showed me several pointy shapes, and I think he went with the best one here. :yesway:

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Strictly 7's play AMAZING, but I think Jim needs to come up with a new in-line headstock design, that one has always been weird to me.

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score
no offense to anybody, but that body shape looks totally hideous :nuts:

i dont think so, and im not just saying it because im working with jim. im really picky about my "extreme" shaped guitars. i like this one. something about it stands out to me.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll reserve my judgement until the product is complete, sort of like an SG v on roids atm though.

shogunate

Reaction score
Hell of a lot better than the damned Dean designs :yesway:

That lower horn looks frightening, I'd smack that thing every time I go to higher registers, but it looks a perfect balance between the best ergonomics of superstrats and asymmetrical vs. I dub it approved!

EliNoPants

Reaction score
i think if the lower horn were clipped down to the size of an SG horn it would be pretty cool, but i'm also more into symmetrical V shapes too

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
Yeah....thats pretty fucking atrocious in my opinion. So is the Boa model. And so are all of their neck joints.

And I have a really strong feeling that alot of people praising his guitars have never even played one. Those necks are the blocky-est contour necks out there. I remember Jim saying that he was some sort of chiropractor and there was some anatomical purpose for such. Wasn't a good enough reason to convince me though.

Don't get me wrong, Jim is an awesome dude, and his build quality and wood choice were great. I just hate all the band wagoning that goes on here.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
^People are praising based on visual aesthetic. That's apparent and relevant. There is nothing wrong with that honestly.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I just hate all the band wagoning that goes on here.

Well, I don't want to panic you, but you should probably not read any BKP, Rico Jr, KxK, AxeFx, Diezel, Guerilla or Engl threads either if you prefer input from people who have played the products they're commenting on. :lol:

But I think everyone is just posting about the shape of this body style. And fwiw he's a physical therapist. But I don't like a big neck heel either, so I asked him to make mine different (and he makes neck thrus as well). I don't think his heels are any larger than the typical bolt on Jackson, PRS, etc., though.

Edit: Ninja'd by The Armada!

xmetalhead69

Unexpected Ally
Reaction score
Well, I don't want to panic you, but you should probably not read any BKP, Rico Jr, KxK, AxeFx, Diezel, Guerilla or Engl threads either if you prefer input from people who have played the products they're commenting on. :lol:

QFT :yesway:

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score

But I think everyone is just posting about the shape of this body style. And fwiw he's a physical therapist. But I don't like a big neck heel either, so I asked him to make mine different (and he makes neck thrus as well). I don't think his heels are any larger than the typical bolt on Jackson, PRS, etc., though.

Edit: Ninja'd by The Armada!

thats true, his heels are the same as pretty much every old UV i have ever played, same feet and idea. as far as the necks, they are D shape. it is the same shape used for classical guitars to allow for good structure and posture with less fatigue. they are the same thickness as the average ibby neck, but they seem thicker at a first look because they dont have that C shape taper. Jim and i spoke about the thickness of his neck, and he DOES offer different neck thicknesses, so that takes care of that problem.

i have played his guitars, and honestly that neck is one of the fastest i have ever played, but hey, this is all about opinion.

')