New Bridge pickup for a PRS Mike Mushok Baritone

• Thread starter Jr5241
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

robski92

Reaction score
I saw a rig rundown that Pete from Chevelle did not to long ago and I believe he is using an SD JB in the bridge of his Fenders. Maybe that would interest you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jr5241

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Pete's guitar sound once he switched to the Fenders with the JB, I prefer his PRS sound.

Thanks for all the input so far guys, as of right now I think im down to the 36th PAF or the Fred, both seem pretty close to what I'm looking for. For anyone wondering about my amp I use a L6 Helix through a L3T PA, so my amp options are pretty open

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
I've put a set of Bare Knuckle Aftermath in mine and can't be more happy!!

Sounds very balanced in that specific guitar, powerful and very tight! not muddy at all...

Ovoono

Reaction score
Stay away from Ceramic Naibomb in this guitar, it sounds awful in it. I own PRS Mike Mushok Baritone with Nailbombs set (ceramic bridge), and I'm very disappointed with the bridge pickup. It's very icepicky and harsh. I play through Peavey 6505, got Maxon OD808 as well, and the pickup just does not sit well with them. When using software stuff it is even worse, just dry, harsh and awful.

Never again will I buy something without trying it first. But, lesson learned I guess.

Zoobiedood

Reaction score
I would check out a Custom or Alternative 8. They sound great in baritones.

')