New Bridge Saddles for Agile Texan?

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
EDIT: I think I put this in the wrong forum. Sorry mods! Been a while for me, please feel free to move it to the pickups and tech forum :cheers:

MAN, this site has changed since my last login.

Anywho, I'm looking to switch to some "modern" style tele bridge saddles for my Agile Texan (tele copy). Of course, not many people make packs of 7 saddles for telecaster, because who plays country on a 7-string? Besides me, that is. :rofl:Could I simply take a 7-string strat style bridge and replace the saddles there? Or would I need to buy 2 sets of a modern tele saddle set and just keep 5 for "spares"?

I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible (post-college unemployment WOOHOO!). The main reason I'm considering this is because the high E string has never stayed in place and I'm always having to twist the screws with my pinky to keep the action high enough.

I'm thinking of just ordering this and swiping the saddles from it: http://www.guitarheads.net/products/bridges/7hardtail.html

I would like to upgrade to brass saddles eventually, but that would be something down the line for me, but even if I were to buy brass I pretty much have the same concerns.

Thanks for any help ya'll! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Can you post a photo of the bridge and/or the existing saddles?

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I assume Strat-style saddles will do the trick. Just make sure the spacing is the same (there are several widths of saddles available).

You’re best bet is going to be buying a 7-string bridge and using the saddles. Kiesel/Carvin has one. HipShot of course. eBay. AllParts at least used to have a few.

Assuming Hipshot saddles are the right size, they might just sell you the saddles. I’d ask: call them direct or SportHighTech and see.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
tc725mntransbrown1.jpg

I don't have a pic of the actual guitar on this computer, but it's all stock, just like that one in the picture. It's the vintage style "6 saddle" (but really 7) bridge.

And I'd like to make it this kind of bridge (plus one string):

mstteupbrsts.jpg

Thanks for that cardinal, I didn't even think about spacing!

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
In addition to the great suggestions above, I'd highly recommend the GraphTech StringSaver Classics, jere: http://www.graphtech.com/products/brands/string-saver/string-saver-classics-strat-tele-style

The 'classics' saddles are made of stainless steel with the GraphTech slippery material only covering the string contact area. This means that theses saddles will not noticeably impact the tone of the guitar, unlike the 'original' series which 'warm' up the tone a little. I have the classics installed in my RG8MH and I think they even brightened the tone by a hair.

')