New Burzum record officially due next year

• Thread starter GRUNTKOR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I hope it consists of nothing other than the sounds of a Casio keyboard, again.

In any case, it'll be unbelievably grim.

I hope this is sarcasm, I hope he leaves the casios at home :fawk:

Couldn't get into the later works.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I dont see the value in any of his "music" its just a tool he uses to spread racism.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I dont see the value in any of his "music" its just a tool he uses to spread racism.

Not really, he may switch beliefs every five seconds but I've never heard a racist Burzum song. Being proud of your Nordic heritage doesn't count as racism.

I felt pretty annoyed when I heard he had, for some reason, converted to neo-nazism :scratch:...And then I hear he's on some other band wagon :lol:

tbird11

Reaction score
Each to their own, and if you're into his music, good for you. But I just have to say IMO this guy is a complete joke, he's a walking contradiction and I just cannot listen to his music or take him seriously knowing how single minded he is.

CrushingAnvil

Reaction score
Each to their own, and if you're into his music, good for you. But I just have to say IMO this guy is a complete joke, he's a walking contradiction and I just cannot listen to his music or take him seriously knowing how single minded he is.

I'm not a die hard Burzum/Varg Vikernes fan but what makes your say he is a walking contradiction?

GRUNTKOR

- GRANKOR
Reaction score

I never heard a Burzum song that was racist in any way

How does he contradict himself?

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
there arent any evdident racist/neonazism lyrics in Burzum songs. though, Vikerness himself is a racist neo-nazi piece of shit, and an absolute lowlife, lowest of the low. so is everyone sharing his views.

that said: Det Som Engang Var is an epic masterpiece. so is Filosofem.

CrushingAnvil

Reaction score
there arent any evdident racist/neonazism lyrics in Burzum songs. though, Vikerness himself is a racist neo-nazi piece of shit, and an absolute lowlife, lowest of the low. so is everyone sharing his views.

that said: Det Som Engang Var is an epic masterpiece. so is Filosofem.

I have honestly never heard or read of him say anything racist.

:shrug:

GRUNTKOR

- GRANKOR
Reaction score
I don't share his views, I just like his music; also he passed his neo nazi phase...

CrushingAnvil

Reaction score
I don't share his views, I just like his music

I take a very serious approach to the attrocities commited against many scandinavians in the fifth century during the crusades, I wouldn't have the balls to burn a church - I dig the symbolism but it isn't really worth it.

That being said, my Danish grandfather led Jews out of Denmark during WWII so I've never really been racist and could never empathize with vikernes on racial matters, purely just religious and political (to a certain degree).

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
@GRUNTKOR: i didnt intend to blame you sharing his views. sorry, if my post reads itself this way, that was of course not my intend!

I have honestly never heard or read of him say anything racist.

:shrug:

i've read it in enough interviews. of course he always knows how beat around the bush, but seriously: its pretty obvious.

he even admits it himself:
http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/interview03.shtml

— Are you racist?

— Yes.

again: that doesnt say anything about the quality of Burzum, and its up to oneself if you judge Burzum by the political views of the person behind it.

and EDIT: i approve church-burning.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Varg's racist as shit, but his music isn't. I'm curious to hear how this turns out. I would have rather had a shit ton of Mayhem albums with Euronymous though than all the Burzum albums put together :lol:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Who could hate Jews anyway? 'The Nanny' is like the best show ever...

I'm surprised they even aired The Nanny in New Zealand, haha. I saw that actress in an episode of Law and Order recently, apparently her regular voice is normal.

')