New Burzum record officially due next year

• Thread starter GRUNTKOR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
I'm surprised they even aired The Nanny in New Zealand, haha. I saw that actress in an episode of Law and Order recently, apparently her regular voice is normal.

You bet, dude. We had Home Improvement, The Nanny, Full House....oh wait those are the only good ones :lol:

Yeah the real Fran Drescher appears in an episode of the Nanny.

DEEERAILED!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
2010_den_hvite_guden.jpg

lol, looks a bit like if the Count had some "experiences" in the prisonshowers.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
he´s definitely racist. he´s said it himself, quite directly ("i´m a racist"). he´s also in eternal debt, which he will never be able to pay back, ever.

i saw a picture of his recording rig in the newspaper a while back. some LTD guitar plugged into a computer :lol:

to the derail: Fran Drescher is cool. i used to watch the nanny alot as a kid, i loved it :D
same about all those other shows though. if it was american, and remotely popular, we had it! (macgyver is like the definition of nostalgia :lol:)

Tyrant

Reaction score
Cant say I really care, lol

Some of the old stuff is good (and I mean just the music, not his views).

Reaction score
He's fucked himself up basically (and that's the appeal of black metal I suppose, for people who have convinced themselves they're different from the drone, and the fact they have to convince themself means they goto extremes). Don't get me wrong, I disagree with the majority of mainstream society but there's opinions derived from reason, and those from just being anti-whatever is popular. 90% of black metal is unlistenable and more pretentious than modern "art".

I suppose the fact that I'm a passionate antithiest makes me unable to endorse people who talk about aspects of the bible in music in any way let alone a childish rebellious way.

There's having something original to say against religions and their impact on the world, i.e Christopher Hitchens, Dan Dennet and then there's screaming incomprehensible shit down a microphone over grainy guitars and hollow drums to show the shortcoming of religion.

Just my opinion. Now and then the music itself can provide epic evil sounds, but I hate the fucking drama queens that make this kind of music. The whole show of trying to be more of a fuckup than the next black metallist.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know why people are so hung up on his ideals and can't just listen to the music :lol:

Ever watch a Mel Gibson movie? I still watch the fuck out of Mad Max, and that dude has freaked out and talked about hating Jews and shit before. Dude's a complete fuck bag but "What Women Want" still makes me cry every time.... I mean..... :ugh:

Reaction score
Burzum makes no reference to the bible or christianity either in the songs. BURZUM LYRICS

I apologize for my ignorance but I was generalising, and rather talking about the genre as a whole. Saying this, Varg is most definately a narcissist.

I did have a brief forray into black metal but found the music mostly uninspiring.

And I wouldn't care if there was a metal band who made great music but hated as people, and their lyrical content. But black metal isn't exactly "my thing". There are many film stars I hate, for example Tom Cruise, but some of the films he's in aren't bad. Just as I hate that Zakk Wylde is a wannabe biker nowadays but still like some of his earlier music.

Reaction score
You've been listening to the wrong BM mate! I don't enjoy Burzum either but there are some quality BM bands out there.

The few bands I like and consider black metal, most black metallers don't consider black metal. Behemoth, Dimmu, Celtic Frost and a few others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Dimmu technically are Symphonic Black Metal, I know keys aren't 'trve' or whatever but if you look at their chord choices and lyrical content they are most definitely Black Metal.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
I have honestly never heard or read of him say anything racist.

:shrug:

Varg said:
The "black metallers" will probably continue to "get loaded", "get high", and in all other manners too behave like the stereotypical Negro; they will probably continue to get foreign tribal tattoos, dress, walk, talk, look and act like homosexuals, and so forth.

Direct quote from the link in the first post.

The guy is scum and I find it pretty disgusting that Blabber mouth have given him a platform to further distribute his nonsense.

It's a persons own personal choice on whether they buy a record/listen to an artist but I wouldn't touch this guy from the other end of a TV broadcast mast, nevermind a barge poll.

Last edited:

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Varg said:
"I am no longer imprisoned by the criminal anti-Norwegian regime in Norway."

No, asshole, you're on parole for murder. While I'm no expert on Scandinavian politics, I'd think that the government of the Kingdom of Norway is more anti-murder than it is anti-Norwegian.

Never enjoyed Burzum very much. Quite sad that out of the same scene which produced the flat-out musical perfection of Ihsahn you have odious little guitar-toting fascists like Varg.

Actually, now that I come to think of it, Ihsahn's about the only musician in Norway who's not been in prison. :scratch:

Reaction score
Ihsahn makes good music.

I suppose Varg just loves the controversy and it's all he's known for so long, he's used to being an outcast. It's most definately not about the music.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Actually, now that I come to think of it, Ihsahn's about the only musician in Norway who's not been in prison. :scratch:

i beg to differ. in the hardcore black metal community though, the "originators" of the genre are home to some seriously fucked up guys. you have Gaahl, who knocked a guy out, tied him up, and collected the blood from his forehead in a wine glass. then there are all the initiation tests that you had to go through in order to get into some black metal bands back in the day, like assaulting people and whatnot. pretty messed up stuff.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
That's not really differing, as that's pretty much exactly what I meant.

I just exaggerated a little. :)

Dyingsea

Reaction score
I thought he had essentially denounced the black metal community? So why revive Burzum? In any case, I could never stand his sloppy vocals.

')