NEW CAPZ LOCK

• Thread starter Mr GriND
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mr GriND

Reaction score
attachment.php

Mr GriND

Reaction score
A good basis for a project especially for a custom neck and bridge to 195 €?

Reaction score
Well think about it like this. If the guitar costs less than 200€. Think of the materials used. They had to pay the chinese workers in the jungle clearing where they make them, about 5% of the price of the guitar as wage per guitar made. That's 9.75€ per guitar. Then the costs of making the guitar (electricity used, machine amortisation, etc.) are about 40-50% of the guitar. Thats another 100€ for example. That leaves you with less than 100€ for materials used because they have to make some kind of profit out of it, which is normally 20% extra to cover VAT taxes and logistical costs. Sure they make it up with volume of production, but what you basically end up with is a guitar that has a realistic value of about 50€.

Worth it? I srsly don't think so. But then again, it's your money.

Mr GriND

Reaction score
Who can believe that one can have a good guitar to 200 €, for those who can not afford and would like to try, why not? Looking well built Gibson's entry level (and continues), Ibanez in Japan copied the American models, they said it was cheap, then there was Korea Ibanez (cheap) and China and Indonesia (Korean models are they that cheap less cheap? and yet they have value??). Half of the components are Chinese. Do not compare what is comparable. We start out by cycling. That starting the guitar for a super premium model? 20 years ago in Europe we did not even have access to all models of guitar, internet was for professionals and some are still struggling to get Japanese models.
Bulbs and components of the best amps come from the same place ...
I think that being young and having little means it can reach a cheap instrument in 8 strings, which can complain!

Reaction score
Well see, the thing is that Gibson or Ibanez or ESP can afford to make lower end models because they can cover production costs with massive volume of production. They have a big market for mid-high range guitars and that's where most of their retail comes from. So they can make entry level guitars out of cheaper components but don't have to skimp on manufacturing quality like other no-name companies would.

Harley Benton is a good budget company for amps and things like that, but they make budget guitars on the side, not primarily. So the costs of manufacture can not be offset by big volume production and sales, that is why the quality is too low.

As much as i dislike Schecter, you are better off buying a low budget Schecter, than the Harley. It's the next best choice for less than 300-400€. Even the Ibanez Gio series is better, and thats about as low as you can go, quality wise.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
Who can believe that one can have a good guitar to 200 €, for those who can not afford and would like to try, why not? Looking well built Gibson's entry level (and continues), Ibanez in Japan copied the American models, they said it was cheap, then there was Korea Ibanez (cheap) and China and Indonesia (Korean models are they that cheap less cheap? and yet they have value??). Half of the components are Chinese. Do not compare what is comparable. We start out by cycling. That starting the guitar for a super premium model? 20 years ago in Europe we did not even have access to all models of guitar, internet was for professionals and some are still struggling to get Japanese models.
Bulbs and components of the best amps come from the same place ...
I think that being young and having little means it can reach a cheap instrument in 8 strings, which can complain!
sorry but this was hard to read without laughing alot.

Djdnxgdj3983jrjd8udb3bcns

Reaction score
I actually emailed about the materials they used to make them a few months ago, with the intention of modding one. I genuinely received an e-mail saying the guitar was made of very cheap materials and for modding wasn't really an appropriate platform. You've got to give them credit for that, if nothing else...

rozetta

Reaction score
I bought one of their 5-string fretless basses for modding. The quality was pretty okay for the price (145 EUR).

If you're worried about the quality of hardware, you can replace those parts during the modding process. The neck and body wood seems pretty cheap, but the fretboard is quite nice. The truss rod is about as crappy as the one in my cheap ESP LTD 6 string. Don't factor in the pickups at all and you have a neck and body ready for modding for real cheap. It's certainly worth a look for prototyping something.

I'm prototyping a 36-33 inch fan 7 string at the moment. I don't have the skills, tools or space to build my own neck and body from scratch. The tools and wood alone would cost way more than this guitar. The ABM bridges that I bought for the mod cost almost as much as this bass, for example.

As far as getting to try out an 8-string, this can't be too bad. The previous cheapest option was a Schecter or ESP, but they are almost always out of stock of those at Thomann. This thing is less than half the price (cheapest 8 strings are not 300-400 EUR, they start at 425 EUR http://www.thomann.de/fi/8_kieliset_kitarat.html). In Europe, you either have to know someone who has an 8 string or get incredibly lucky to find one in a local guitar shop. I'd say it's a lot less risky to drop 200 EUR on something you don't know about than 400-800 EUR.

I'd actually be tempted to give one a try myself (if it weren't for the 26.5 scale length), since I don't have and have never been able to try an 8 myself.

BTW, the title of this thread is quite useless. I was almost going to post a thread asking if anyone had seen one of these yet. Perhaps making the title of the thread something descriptive of the subject matter would make sense in the future?

Reaction score
In Europe, you either have to know someone who has an 8 string or get incredibly lucky to find one in a local guitar shop. .

For a long time, I was the only person in the country with an 8 string. I rang the companies that import for the local music stores and they said they never imported anything beyond a 7 before. And even those sold barely, so they stopped importing anything but 6's altogether.

Knyas

Reaction score
If you want one stop trying to justify it and buy one, the constant updates aren't really needed.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Not a bad-looking guitar, but I would tend to side with the prior posts regarding the possible "quality ceiling" with a high-spec/low-price guitar such as this.

That said, kind of surprised no one here has tried one yet. It would be a real coup if turned out to be a decent.

Cremated

Reaction score
If you get the guitar and mod it, your pickups, etc. will be worth more than the guitar itself. I can understand using it as a practice guitar, but I wouldn't put more money into it.

')