New Carvin Teaser!!1!

• Thread starter SoItGoesRVA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I used to be tempted by that prospect, but these days I'm more leaning towards not giving them any of my money as long as they insist that they don't want it. When they're ready to offer international customers the same reasonable prices they offer North Americans (and used to offer internationally, for that matter), I'll be ready to give them my business.

Ugh. There are like four different things I want from them right now, too. I didn't have the disposable income for them back when prices were sane, and they're ludicrous now that I've got the money to throw around.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Looked through all the pictures and made it to the last page...
Still don't know what the prototype is...
internet-is-depressing.jpg

illimmigrant

A Different Logic
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of single cuts, but I'm surprised the other model isn't a bolt 7 (24-fret version) I think it would be a great competitor against the new Mayones Duvell, for which I'm seriously gassing. Has it been confirmed the other prototype is not a bolt on?
I'm also surpised the CT 7 has not been much of a hit. I think it's awasome looking, but the TOM bridge is a deal breaker for me and I'm not into trems either... I guess I'm picky?
I do love my DC727 though.

celticelk

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of single cuts, but I'm surprised the other model isn't a bolt 7 (24-fret version) I think it would be a great competitor against the new Mayones Duvell, for which I'm seriously gassing. Has it been confirmed the other prototype is not a bolt on?
I'm also surpised the CT 7 has not been much of a hit. I think it's awasome looking, but the TOM bridge is a deal breaker for me and I'm not into trems either... I guess I'm picky?
I do love my DC727 though.

Based on the quotes I've seen here and at the Carvin forum, taken from Jeff Kiesel's Facebook page, both of the unreleased guitars are non-bolt-ons. Posters at the Carvin forum have also advanced the idea that the CT7 was released too soon after the DC700, which has been very popular, and that Carvin fans simply haven't yet rebuilt their savings to purchase another instrument.

Spamspam

Pastafarian
Reaction score
I have the OK to do the reveal on Monday, but I'll probably cheat a bit, and bomb the interwebs on Sunday night, since I work Monday, and won't have time.

Stay tuned :hbang:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have the OK to do the reveal on Monday, but I'll probably cheat a bit, and bomb the interwebs on Sunday night, since I work Monday, and won't have time.

Stay tuned :hbang:

Once I have a date to look forward to is when I begin to get anxious. :lol: Can't wait man!

speedyone

Addicted 2 Dat Shred
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the wait any longer.....so I ordered an HH2X.

Next year hopefully I can get a "Mystery 7".

:)

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't wait til Sunday night now! But I'm 99% sure spamspam's got a SCB7. And I have NO idea what the other one is, so I hope that means Jeff will pull the curtain back on that one Monday, too.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
all I can say is Spamspam's guitar would probably win any "Guitar of the month" threads if SS.org still held them.. its unreal.

Spamspam

Pastafarian
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't wait til Sunday night now! But I'm 99% sure spamspam's got a SCB7. And I have NO idea what the other one is, so I hope that means Jeff will pull the curtain back on that one Monday, too.

He's going to wait a few weeks on the second one. He's not releasing the first one until a little later in the week, too. His big concern with leaking it early would be that he doesn't want to get a ton of folks wanting to buy something that they can't sell. Monday is close enough to the release date that if someone tries to order it, the salesguy can give them a solid date to call back on, rather than just saying 'no'.

Spamspam

Pastafarian
Reaction score
Sigh... I need to stop checking my messages. Jeff just asked me to hold off till Tuesday.

BUT: MAKE SURE YOU CHECK HIS FACEBOOK PAGE ON MONDAY.
That was a subtle hint.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Sigh... I need to stop checking my messages. Jeff just asked me to hold off till Tuesday.

BUT: MAKE SURE YOU CHECK HIS FACEBOOK PAGE ON MONDAY.
That was a subtle hint.

Ah, crap, I was just coming in here to tell you it's Monday in China already. Dangit!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Go check Jeff's Facebook cover picture NAO. I would post the pic but I'm on my cell. Looks friggin awesome! :eek:

celticelk

Reaction score
WOW. And also WOW. Looks like I know where my money is going....

(Obligatory nitpick: guitars of that shape really should have the pickup selector in the Les Paul position. Maybe that's an option on the builder?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')