New clean 8 string piece, full of 8 strings and allot of happy

• Thread starter Daken1134
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dudeskin

Reaction score
I like your stuff,but hard to not get a tad repetitive without something else in the mix.
Get some drums and stuff dude then your stuff would be awesome

TomasM

Reaction score
great techniques, and great composition, but without other instruments it sounds incomplete

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
That jazzy/tappy feel with that half melancholy/happy color reminds me a lot of early Kaki King's work. Pretty cool stuff!

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Sounds pretty complete, and pretty fucking awesome to me. Fake drums and tons of background instruments and synths don't make a song better...

Some of you need to learn to appreciate guitar for what it is without having tons of excess instruments and synths crammed down your throats. Especially when it's played and utilized this well.

Daken1134

Reaction score
thank you so much guys for everything including the constructive criticism. but the way im approaching the EP im doing is kinda evan brewer inspired the only thing i want on the cd is guitar in some way or another. originally i had a cool drum/slap part on the guitar but i took it out cause it wasnt exactly fitting.

im sure ill change the songs up a bit and add stuff but the only thing on the EP that ISNT guitar is the rain loop i have going in the background of the song "summer rain" but im sure they will sound more full when the songs are actually done. all the ones i do videos of are pretty much just straight demo's of ideas. i definitely understand where you are coming from that it sounds a lil empty at parts and i know it could add stuff to fill up space but like i said im shooting to have JUST my rg2228 on the record. see just how much i can do with it :) thanks again everyone for the kind words, keep giving me positive feedback and ill keep giving you the random weird stuff that comes out of my head

F4R537KTP09

Antithetic machinery
Reaction score
Very good stuff man!
The trademark of this is when you watch and listen and you tell yourself: "Hm that seems really easy", and after some time you realise "Wow, in fact that only SEEMS easy!"
It's not really showing, fast or shred or whatever but it's just great by itself.
Keep digging your own way! :yesway:

baptizedinblood

Z̶̭̠̻̳̲͗̎̾͒͛̃̒ͭ̚͢
Reaction score
This is just beautiful. Invokes a strong sense of nostalgia for some reason. Very clean playing dude, nice job. And please don't add anything to it. The Evan Brewer approach (in my opinion) would be a much better way to produce your EP, especially if it's going to sound like this.

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Goddam dude, that was not only refreshing but full of beard win as well.

My hats off to you good sir.

')