New clip! C1 Hellraiser, GuitarPort, CGCGCE tuning

• Thread starter CGord
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CGord

Reaction score
Solve For X

Gear is the usual, here's the list if you're unfamiliar with the cheap crap I use:

Guitar: Schecter C1 Hellraiser, EMG 81 bridge pup

Bass: Ibanez SR500

Rig: Line 6 GuitarPort, GearBox modeling software, RiffWorks recording software, HP pc.

Tuning: CGCGCE (bass: CGCG)

The guitar is four tracks, panned hard left & right. Models are a very dry 6505 & a very wet Uberschall, both through a virtual 4x12 V30 cab. Bass patch is a bastardized setup utilizing the "Big Bottom" guitar head & one of the bass cab models (I don't recall cab, sorry).

Nothing's been post-eq'd, which I have always done with past songs. I'm fairly content with the sound as is.

:shred::shred::shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Nice, I love a bit of open C major.:yesway:
For 'mindless' whammy it sounds impressive.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
Dude, you can hear the bass....

I'm absolutely serious when I say that deserves some props, for even on my little teeny, tiny computer speakers, I can actually hear the bass when it plays simultaneously with guitar.

The song sounds cool, the bit at the end, the sudden transition, was a little jarring, but cool. Also as something based on personal preference alone, I despise whammy bars, but its employment here was pretty cool.

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
Possibly the best idea for a song title Ive heard in a long time!:agreed:
+1 props for the master quality, the bass and guitar don't seem to fight each other for space at all, the drums sound pretty big, kudos all around sir!

CGord

Reaction score
Thanks gents! :)

I'm glad others dig the bass sound, I hate not being able to hear it. I usually have to make sure the bass guit doesn't drown everything else out! :)

I went with a super dirty bass tone, too, at least dirty to me. I usually have it real clean, but it seemed like the more grit I added, the better it worked. The sound I had in my head was the In Flames album Come Clarity; that to me is about the best sounding bass in a metal mix I've ever heard.

The guitar tracks were originally just the dry 6505 patch, but I've been listening to a ton of SYL & DTB lately, & wanted to play around with seeing how much chorus, reverb, & delay I could get away with. The Uberschall patch I used is one of my lead patches, & I thought it would be way too wet, but I wound up loving it.

The biggest surprise to me on this one was not adding any post eq at all to the guitar, bass, or drums. On everything else I've ever done I've at least cut the bass & boosted the mids on the guitar tracks, but I didn't eq any of this one. The only post effect added was compression on the drum loops.

')