New clip, tell me what you think of the mix!

• Thread starter mnemonic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't recorded anything in a while, i've just been so lazy :lol:

SoundClick artist: Snowdonia - page with MP3 music downloads

using a guitar patch my flatmate made. after i tweaked it to fit my guitar i thought it sounded pretty sweet, so i figured i'd record something quick. right now i'm fairly content with how the guitar/bass sounds, but i'm not sure if i am 100% on the drums. kick sounds way different than my usual drum sounds, so i'll have to listen to it with fresh ears later on.

time to go play racketball, later dudes! :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
Hey guys, haven't recorded anything in a while, i've just been so lazy :lol:

SoundClick artist: Snowdonia - page with MP3 music downloads

using a guitar patch my flatmate made. after i tweaked it to fit my guitar i thought it sounded pretty sweet, so i figured i'd record something quick. right now i'm fairly content with how the guitar/bass sounds, but i'm not sure if i am 100% on the drums. kick sounds way different than my usual drum sounds, so i'll have to listen to it with fresh ears later on.

time to go play racketball, later dudes! :metal:

I am guessing you used a POD? If so would you care to sahre the patch?

damigu

stay tuned
Reaction score
a bit repetitive (might not feel that way if it had vocals), but awesome groove. :yesway:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
it seems there´s a certain low mids/high lows type resonance in there. sounds like it´s between 130-200 hz somewhere. other than that, it all sounds nice and balanced, with a solid low end :)

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
it seems there´s a certain low mids/high lows type resonance in there. sounds like it´s between 130-200 hz somewhere. other than that, it all sounds nice and balanced, with a solid low end :)

could be the bass, it was a very boomy patch i used, tried to tame it a bit with some post eq, though i never got around to putting a compressor on the bass, haha.

I am guessing you used a POD? If so would you care to sahre the patch?

sure thing

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

i think i got that patch off here somewhere, sent it to my flatmate, he changed it some and then sent it back to me, then i tweaked it some more, haha.

Coryd

Reaction score
Sounded good! I dig the riffage!!! Guitar tone sounded nice too!

friday11

Reaction score
Wow...It's pretty cool stuff dude!!!

Love the fact that there is no intro...just like a unexpected fist in your face! Awesome

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
could be the bass, it was a very boomy patch i used, tried to tame it a bit with some post eq, though i never got around to putting a compressor on the bass, haha.

sure thing

i think i got that patch off here somewhere, sent it to my flatmate, he changed it some and then sent it back to me, then i tweaked it some more, haha.

You are using the PODXT correct? Not the X3 or something of the such? Because when I open it in Gearbox or Line 6 Edit it says its non-compatible with the pod xt.

Plankis

Reaction score

If it's a resonance thing a multiband comp might be a better option. Just because it starts working when the problem notes plays.

I thought it sounded really good though. the patch is a keeper!

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
You are using the PODXT correct? Not the X3 or something of the such? Because when I open it in Gearbox or Line 6 Edit it says its non-compatible with the pod xt.

a toneport actually. i used podfarm to save the preset, so maybe thats the problem.

i'm not sure if podfarm supports podxt's, and podfarm is the only line6 program i have on my computer. i'll get my flatmate to load the preset and re-save it in gearbox when he gets back from class.

If it's a resonance thing a multiband comp might be a better option. Just because it starts working when the problem notes plays.

I thought it sounded really good though. the patch is a keeper!

Yeah I agree, good mix man!

just a solid ass mix all around dude! :metal:

thanks alot! means alot coming from you guys cos your guys' mixes are always great :)

well, i couldn't get it to save on gearbox (or even open) so here's the original patch my flatmate gave me

the only changes i really did was to turn the gain on the amp down to 46% and then turn the channel volume down until it stopped clipping.

RawrItsRaptor

Let's Get Invisible
Reaction score
Thanks man the patch works! I will do exactly as you said to get your sound! Did you use any impulses or was it straight POD Farm?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
straight podfarm.

while impulses usually do sound an asston better than line6's cab models i'm usually too lazy to use them, haha.

')