New Cloudkicker song! He succeeds at whatever he tries.

• Thread starter Gunnar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Artifacts in Motion

Form & Function
Reaction score
Can't say I really enjoyed this one. I need a little more than a soundscape to get into a song, especially considering the higher frequencies of this song are a bit nerve-wracking.

Gunnar

Reaction score
I have a feeling this might not be a hit with many of cloudkicker fans. I'm already into similar music so this worked with me, but it is a big departure from what he has done.

noodle6491

Reaction score
I like music that's droney, but I still need it to have at least some melody or rhythms in there. This didn't sound at all enjoyable to my ears when I gave it a listen. It just felt like he'd ignored all his huge good songwriting chops and just pieced lots of weird sounds together. Sure, it's possibly an experiment and everything and some of the parts might be fantastic in the middle of some of his other stuff, but as a lone piece of music it just does absolutely nothing for me other than hurt my ears a bit.

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Haven't listened to anything else by him but I rather like this. I totally get why all the djent kids don't though.

Housty00

Reaction score
I mean, it's really awesome and whatnot, but I REALLY hope the whole next album isn't like that. Ugh

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
There's probably a lot of people that don't get this type of music. I for one don't for the most part, but this is something I do like. Maybe I'm biased because of my love for Cloudkicker, but I think it's great. It's even more of a "I do what I want" than Signal/Noise was. I'd personally be super stoked to see him make this and his old stuff mesh together, somewhat of more structured Signal/Noise type songs, but chances are it's not gonna happen, he's doing whatever the fuck he wants.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
no bad, but my fav album is still Let yourself Be Huge.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I only got into Cloudkicker after he released Signal/Noise earlier this year or late last year. I have all of his albums, and haven't heard a single song I don't like.

For me, the sort of ambient/post-rock sound is excellent music to drive to. I'm a commercial driver, and the laid-back, emotionally intense vibe Ben Sharp's work largely consists of makes time fly enjoyably. I can sing to it, I can imagine my own guitar parts to it, or I can just set it as the soundtrack for a sunny/cloudy/rainy day.

Yeah, I'm all about that Cloudkicker. :lol:

Artifacts in Motion

Form & Function
Reaction score
Despite not enjoying the song after a listen or two, I would agree that is becomes quite a nice track to relax to. Took a ten minute break with it on to just do some thinking and it was quite a nice ambiance. I could definitely see myself playing this in the car in the future too. However, Beacons/LYBH still sits at the top of my Cloudkicker releases. Still pulled the trigger on one of those killer prints. Going to look damn good framed :)

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Listened to more of his stuff last night, and I really dig Fade. Ley Yourself Become Huge is pretty nice, but might take more spins to get into. Couldnt really get into Beacons or anything earlier, not my scene at all.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Reminds me of some uneven structure stuff. Between every three tracks, there was something like this to prepare you for the next few. The second disk was basically all ambient noise.

DavidLopezJr

Reaction score
cloudkicker releases all his music for free and doesn't care at all about opinions. I respect his balls to do this and love the creative ventures he heads into.

Latest posts

')