New Crackle Day

• Thread starter groverj3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
so that's yours :)
Lee is great to deal with I custom ordered 2 GMWS's through him back in the day when he was making guitars and the end result was killer and the communication
during the builds was always great. if you stumble on to a topic Lee likes to talk about he'll keep you on the phone for quite a while LOL!
Cool finish, and IMO those SLAT-7's were killer guitars , if Jackson had reshaped the headstock down to an appropriate size I bet they would've sold a ton more of them. I had a black one for a while and it played great.
I bet if you had asked Lee to reshape the Headstock down to a normal looking jackson headstock he would've done it for you
Probably true. He seems up for just about anything. Stuff that a lot of other shops would say, "Really?! How about not doing that." he seems to be willing to do. But then again, most shops won't even touch refinishing because it's such a mess and hard to do well.

I ended up on the phone with him for a while when I was trying to explain why I wanted him to replace the 1000 series Floyd with the German 7. The corners on the route on these are very rounded, and the 1000 series floyd 7 has a sharper corner near the knife edges. It looks like it had been rubbing into the finish there ever since it was new. The German Floyd 7 has more rounded corners and wouldn't rub. And he went on and on about the people at Floyd Rose and how he knew them. Seemed like a good guy!

Latest posts