New "Custom" Pedalboard Month

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score
Not technically new since I've been working on it for a while now, waiting for parts to come in. Not completely custom because it's built off a Pedal Train. I thought you guys would like to take a look at this.

Pedal Train Jr. base, Redco Locking inputs mounted, Plexiglass I cut to shape/size, cut holes for the inputs and power supply and mounted it on, then wired up an LED strip to the power supply. Kinda complicated for such a little setup. Huge shout out to Kyle at Rhodes Amplification for helping me out with the Pedal Train

The Setup:
- Guitar > Polytune > Modded SD-1 > ISP Decimator > 5150
- Effects out > BOSS RV-3 > Effects in
w/ a Voodoo Labs ISO-5 powering it all up, hidden beneath

Anyway, here's some pics of the lights in action
_MG_6287.jpg

_MG_6285.jpg

_MG_6286.jpg

Inputs mounted directly to board to cut down on patch cable length
_MG_6295.jpg

Back view
_MG_6291.jpg

The inputs I mounted in the back
_MG_6294.jpg

LEDs on/off in a lighter setting
_MG_6289.jpg

_MG_6299.jpg

Underneath, kinda ugly
_MG_6310.jpg

Better shot of the pedals
_MG_6305.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score
Thanks dudebro's thought ya'll would like it :D

somniumaeternum

Reaction score
That's looks awesome man but how practical is it? How strong is the lighting? Have you played out with it?

In the gigs around here you don't really have that much room for a huge board like that and, if you do, it's either going to annoy people because of the light and totally not match anything else or they won't see it at all.

Not to be negative (as I said, that looks f-ing sick as hell) but the reality is that it's basically too nice to play gigs with imho. :D

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
That's looks awesome man but how practical is it? How strong is the lighting? Have you played out with it?

In the gigs around here you don't really have that much room for a huge board like that and, if you do, it's either going to annoy people because of the light and totally not match anything else or they won't see it at all.

Not to be negative (as I said, that looks f-ing sick as hell) but the reality is that it's basically too nice to play gigs with imho. :D

I dont know what kind of boards you use or are familiar with but thats pretty tiny in retrospect. As far as durability, LEDs will last eternity and so will the plexiglass. It's probably 1 grade below bulletproof :lol:

Also the lighting is probably overly exposed and bright looking because of the camera, in reality it probably won't distract anyone but I can't comment on that since I'm just juding by photos and typical LED brightness.

somniumaeternum

Reaction score
I dont know what kind of boards you use or are familiar with but thats pretty tiny in retrospect. As far as durability, LEDs will last eternity and so will the plexiglass. It's probably 1 grade below bulletproof :lol:

Also the lighting is probably overly exposed and bright looking because of the camera, in reality it probably won't distract anyone but I can't comment on that since I'm just juding by photos and typical LED brightness.

You're right, the size is fairly small if on the case... for the light, it'd be cool if he puts a dimmer on it so he can control it fully thinking about it.

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score

It's as practical as using any other pedal board? The board is 17"x12". The only difference is the added lighting and 1/4" of plexiglass on top. The way the board is angled, the lights aren't going to be in people's faces. I took the pics is in complete darkness so the light would show up more. The LEDs have an input in the ISO-5, and if I wanted to turn them off I'd just disconnect the wire real quick. I actually got the idea to light it up from Trailer Trash Pedalboards, those guys make some sickkkk boards. :D

It kinda matches the rest of my setup, my 5150 has bright blue EVH stripes on it, and my cab has blue tape marking the mic spots. I'm all about blue shit :)

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
cool lookin board man, and thanks for the help you pm'd over on rigtalk, it will help me out alot when I get a chance to get back to wiring...got a 2week old newborn here eating my time :)

pathos45

Reaction score
You're right, the size is fairly small if on the case... for the light, it'd be cool if he puts a dimmer on it so he can control it fully thinking about it.

try having a engl, mesa mark v or a roadster/roadking and build a pedal board around thouse foot switches hahahahhaa.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
try having a engl, mesa mark v or a roadster/roadking and build a pedal board around thouse foot switches hahahahhaa.
I will be attempting this for a Roadster. Not lit, but build around the switch...

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score

That is my problem exactly, my pedal board is HUGE and about 2/3 full with footswitch for the MarkV, whammy, wah, El cap, tuner, and compressor.... I think I need to get a looper pedal so individual pedal location need to be accessible as I build, as I plan on quite a few more pedals.

Hybrid138

Reaction score
That is my problem exactly, my pedal board is HUGE and about 2/3 full with footswitch for the MarkV, whammy, wah, El cap, tuner, and compressor.... I think I need to get a looper pedal so individual pedal location need to be accessible as I build, as I plan on quite a few more pedals.

I've got a GT-10 in addition to the Roadster pedal, so that's 2 massive pedals to start with...

xvultures

Cognizance
Reaction score
cool lookin board man, and thanks for the help you pm'd over on rigtalk, it will help me out alot when I get a chance to get back to wiring...got a 2week old newborn here eating my time :)

No problemo dude, glad to help out. Congrats on the kid, good luck :)

:nuts: I can't imagine gigging with so many amps. I'd like to get a Mark V or IV in the future, those switches are boards in on their own.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a GT-10 in addition to the Roadster pedal, so that's 2 massive pedals to start with...

That it certainly is, I alsmot wish the MV pedal was linear like the roadie though. Easier to accomodate that sort of thing, imo. Not to mention you could get away with slightly tighter switch spacing.

')