New Cynic album coming?

• Thread starter Newkie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cynic
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

natspotats

Reaction score
i just recently discovered these guys and i totally dig them. i hope they come somewhere close on that tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaredowty

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this. Both of Cynic's albums kick ass and I love Exivious too. Tymon = :yesway:!

I just ordered the Exivious album yesterday, I've heard a few songs and absolutely love it. Tymon is my favorite guitarist at the moment, his phrasing = :bowdown: Not to mention he had the best solo on Cosmogenesis.

Fler

Òran Mór
Reaction score
I don't think we'll be saying goodbye to Cynic again any time soon. I'm fairly certain they'll be around for a while to come. Paul seems extremely comfortable and joyous over the rebirth and very glad to ride out the wave as long as it goes.

BlackMetalVenom

Vallz und Veinaz
Reaction score
These guys are off their tits! :agreed:
Can't wait for the new album.
Hopefully won't make us wait 5 years like SOME people. *coughwintersuncoughnecrophagistcough* :nono:

Prsdiezel

Reaction score
Man I was just thinking about that the other day. Thats killer!!! I have worn out "Traced in Air" and "Focus" has 15yrs on it.

:minions:Cynic= favorite band

Kyo

Myung at Heart
Reaction score
How come the upcoming EP hasn't been mentioned here yet?

from Sputnikmusic - Cynic Working on EP

Florida progressive band Cynic is currently working on a new EP that will include reinterpretations of 4 songs off Traced in Air (The Space for This, Evolutionary Sleeper, Integral Birth, King of Those Who Know), and 1 totally new song. Guitarist Tymon Kruidenier had this to say on the new EP:

Quote:

"As most of you already know we're working on an EP. We're reinterpreting 4 songs from Traced In Air: Space, King, Evolutionary and Integral, and we will record a brand new song. There's several reasons we're doing this. We're not done yet with TiA, the album has only been out for a little over a year and we feel the songs are still fresh. Besides that we want to try different production techniques and incorporate influences from different genres we all love, but which never had a place in Cynic. So I saw someone asked how "surprising" this EP could be? I would say: very surprising"

The EP is expected to be completed by the end of the year.

')