New Cynic EP in November 2011!!!!!

ArrowHead

Reaction score
A prefer a screaming Paul Masvidal but Cynic is Cynic:yesway:

Outside the early demos, has Paul ever done any screaming? Growls on TIA were Tymon, and wasn't Focus the older guitarist or sample/key player they used live?

I could be wrong, but the whole not screaming thing is nothing new for Paul.

I was afraid about the lack of the vocoder effect, but I notice he's done like Wheels Within Wheels that he has at least covered the vocoder harmonies with real vocal harmonies and still maintained that cool dissonant vocal harmony effect.

I just wish there was a little more edge to it. Where's all the cool guitar riffs I should be dying to sink my fingers/ears into?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Into Obsidian

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠
Reaction score
Outside the early demos, has Paul ever done any screaming? Growls on TIA were Tymon, and wasn't Focus the older guitarist or sample/key player they used live?

I could be wrong, but the whole not screaming thing is nothing new for Paul.

I was afraid about the lack of the vocoder effect, but I notice he's done like Wheels Within Wheels that he has at least covered the vocoder harmonies with real vocal harmonies and still maintained that cool dissonant vocal harmony effect.

I just wish there was a little more edge to it. Where's all the cool guitar riffs I should be dying to sink my fingers/ears into?
Yes their demos and early FOCUS Material had Masvidal on Vocals(Which I am a fan of) I do remember him damaging his vocal cord in FOCUS era and handed over the duties.
3539.gif

This 91 Demo features "Uroboric Forms" and "The Eagle Nature" with Paul on Vocal Duty. :metal:

Enselmis

Reaction score
This is pretty much guaranteed to be my number 1 release of 2011.

in-pursuit

Reaction score
not too sure how I feel about that track. but I'll reserve judgement until I've heard the EP in its entirety. I'm getting a bit of TMV vibe with some of the vocals as someone else mentioned previously.

codync

Reaction score
This EP makes me SO excited for the next full length. I think that's probably what Paul and Sean were going for.

jsl2h90

Reaction score
Yes their demos and early FOCUS Material had Masvidal on Vocals(Which I am a fan of) I do remember him damaging his vocal cord in FOCUS era and handed over the duties.
3539.gif

This 91 Demo features "Uroboric Forms" and "The Eagle Nature" with Paul on Vocal Duty. :metal:
Props for your avatar and being a fellow Ohioan. :wavey:
I love Tony on Focus but Paul's vocals ruled on that demo. I listen to a ton of old school death and I can honestly say he's earned a top 10 spot as one of my favorite death metal vocalists even though he only sang on a few demos. It's even more awesome that his disability gave birth to the amazing alien vocoder vocals. :bowdown:
Hopefully Tymon stole all the creative juices for new Exivious.
Hell yes. I almost feel like I'm asking too much of 2011: we've got new Animals as Leaders, Cynic, and supposedly new The Faceless. I've ruined enough pairs of pants already.

')