New Cynic EP in November 2011!!!!!

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
What an amazing year for music. November 15th, new Cynic (not-remixes). :D

cynicep.jpg

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/09/06/cynic-will-release-a-new-ep-in-november/

Forefathers of Progressive Metal CYNIC have recorded a new EP entitled “Carbon-Based Anatomy”, to be released on November 11th in Europe (November 15th in North America). Contrary to last year’s “Re-Traced”, this new EP exclusively consists of brand new material.

Here are the tracklisting and cover artwork of “Carbon-Based Anatomy”:

1. Amidst The Coals
2. Carbon-Based Anatomy
3. Bija!
4. Box Up My Bones
5. Elves Beam Out
6. Hieroglyph

The artwork was designed by the great Robert Venosa, the artist behind the cover artworks of “Focus”, “Traced in Air” and “Re-Traced”. We regret to announce that Robert passed away last month. RIP.

Paul Masvidal describes this new EP as “both a philosophical as well as a musical journey, one that begins in the Amazon jungle on the lips of a shamanic wisewoman (as portrayed by Amy Correia) and ends in outerspace”.

Last but not least, the fans will be excited to know that all bass parts on “Carbon-Based Anatomy” were recorded by Mr. Sean Malone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
What a year for music 2011 has been! This only adds to that. Very interested in this, as I'm not too keen on the production of older tracks but their recent material was cool.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
hoping that they continue along the Traced in Air prog metal path instead of turning into Aeon Spoke II.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ummm :woot:

and might I add a YES!!!!! to Sean Malone being on bass again :yesway:

Nov is shaping up to be another great month with this and the new AAL (hopefully)

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
pretty amazing news... 2011 will be a great year if the new SoP albums comes out this year... if not, it will still have been a very good year

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
SEAN MALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Espaul

Reaction score
Really looking forward to this! :)

Also shame that the artist who made the covers died. I've spent hours looking at the booklet of traced in air!

')