New Deans

• Thread starter CapinCripes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
...I thought Dave Mustaine hated floyd rose bridges.

There were FR loaded Mustaine models last years, but were USA limited editions. Apparently the folks over on the Dean forum were clamoring for them so Dean went and made them.

I assume these are for those who missed out on the USA ones due to availability and pricing.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
glad to see they didn't put the Oar Headstock in every guitar (I love the other pointy thing they have though, but I don't know how they call it :lol: )

and the Purple finish seems great (reminded me a bit of the PRS Paul Allender) but I just can't get used to the ML/Razorback Shape :/

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Look what can be done with that headstock. My mock up is shit, but would it not make a fantastic travel/headless guitar?

zGTsa.png

EDIT-Wrong Dean thread. Surprised they haven't been merged.

MetalMike04

Lefty cursed...
Reaction score
88805942fz2.jpg

That's actually closer to a true sig than half their DIME stamped catalog.

wow that makes me respect it slightly more but still, if John Lennon made a guitar shaped like a piece of crap, it doent mean its a masterpiece. you see what i mean, im not trying to put down Dime, i friggin love him.

Throat Hole

Reaction score
Wasn't the Primal guitar a jackson, or a BCR?

if memory serves it was BC Rich because he was using Bc Rich and Bc Rich guitars were listed in the products pantera "Used and Abused" in the first two albums i'm almost positive

Reaction score
^ Throat Hole: I read in a couple places that it was a Dean ML body with a neck from a Washburn Rogue Star. But then again I've heard B.C.Rich as well.
I'm not sure if anyone really knows.

Throat Hole

Reaction score
^ Throat Hole: I read in a couple places that it was a Dean ML body with a neck from a Washburn Rogue Star. But then again I've heard B.C.Rich as well.
I'm not sure if anyone really knows.
i know theres a video of him using somewhere and theres no headstock logo so i dont think anyone but dime knows anyway :lol:

Reaction score
i know theres a video of him using somewhere and theres no headstock logo so i dont think anyone but dime knows anyway :lol:

That info has been lost with Dime probably. Although some guys on the Dean Forum confirmed that it was a Washburn neck, and they were supposedly former roadies/friends of Dime and Pantera.

And yeah you're right, the original had no logo on the headstock...

ml.jpg

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Even with the 80's/90's graphics that is about the one of the only Dime sig's I would considering owning as it's a clear facsimile of a guitar he's known to have played. I actually like it a lot :)

Apropos of nothing....

Yaris

Beaver Sack #2
Reaction score
I have to say I really love the inline headstock compared to the 3+3.

jairic

Reaction score
I really like the Primal Concrete Sledge styled one; I'm not nuts about the graphics, but I do like a reverse head stock on an ML.

Blind Theory

Reaction score
With the exception of some USA Razorbacks/Solteros/Caddys, the ONLY guitars that Dean makes that I think are worth a shit are the Dave Mustaine models and the Rusty Cooley models. Both of which I own...so that kind of explains it. And since that is what I honestly believe and because I am not shelling out 3 grand for a fucking guitar (again:lol:) my next will be a Charvel So Cal. So Dean, I fare thee well, I hope you stop making Dime models and when you grow up and make guitars for people who aren't 12, you may have my business again.

P.S. even if that PCS Dime sig is like the original, it still looks like a shitty photoshop. That headstock does NOT belong on that guitar shape.

murakami

Banned
Reaction score
^^^^

i totally agree. never been much of a dean person(actually never) but
that is really gorgeous

edit: for jairic's post

')