New Death Metal Song

• Thread starter raybrochill
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Guitar tone lacks balls. Totally dry. Also yes, later in song things get monotonic. Though i bet that with vocals it would be more interesting. Overall this is quite ok.

gr0ss

Reaction score
holy fucking euro superiority complex.....

this shit sounds really good man. with some vocals on it, this shit could get real interesting!! :shred:

Reaction score
Dude, this mix sounds good. Even the first one sounded good. If I had to make a suggestion, it'd be more dynamics in pitch. Combine lower register riffs and open chugging with higher register licks. Experiment with moving around the fretboard more. Your playing shows you're very capable. Get technical, son!

Reaction score
I think the first two criticisms were pretty harsh. When I listened to it the first time I thought it was badass, revisiting, it sounds even better. :yesway: Keep it up!

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
Ahh, much better now, forget about the "monotonic" comment, the more i listen to it it gets better. I like the kick drum. Add vocals and this song will be great. Fucking great. The leads are really awesome, love their warmth, what did you use for lead?

Reaction score
meshuggah influence much? :D I also hear some faceless. Not trying to make it sound unoriginal or anything it just sounds like you might have gotten influence from those groups. I really liked it though, I think maybe it would sound cool if there were a few flashy, running up and down the scale riffs thrown in there. Also maybe turn up the lead guitar at 1:13 and 2:03? You're tearin it up at those parts man! Don't be afraid to let the world know you can fuckin shred!:metal: Quality sounds great. I dig the overall feel of it, it's kinda a punch to the face, so to speak haha.

raybrochill

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the feedback, guys! I ended up using a chain of Solo C > 8505 > s-preshigh for the leads. A lot of the riffing is kinda boring, since I didn't write most of the song. The only parts I wrote are the end and the solo stuff... which is even bland for my taste. I think it definitely needs some "spice" riffs.

raybrochill

Reaction score
Ahh, much better now, forget about the "monotonic" comment, the more i listen to it it gets better. I like the kick drum. Add vocals and this song will be great. Fucking great. The leads are really awesome, love their warmth, what did you use for lead?

Also, the kick is actually the black kick from slate 3.5. There is a pretty extreme high shelf pulling down the top end from like 3k onward. That kick is clicktastic.

Latest posts

')