New deftones song & stef's 8

• Thread starter Necky379
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sol niger 333

I like stuff
Reaction score
It's going to be good. Chino is a bit more in shape now moving around above at 2:41 even hehe.. Cant wait to hear it recorded. Here is another new song that is showing potential too.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Wow.

That does not sound like something stephen carpenter would write.. I love it though! It's definitely a welcomed change if he starts writing like this, though I do hope he continues to write in the same style he has on the past 2 albums (simply put, actually using all the range for chording) but the chorus in that song sounds promising in those terms :)

Necky379

Reaction score
Wow.

That does not sound like something stephen carpenter would write.. I love it though! It's definitely a welcomed change if he starts writing like this, though I do hope he continues to write in the same style he has on the past 2 albums (simply put, actually using all the range for chording) but the chorus in that song sounds promising in those terms :)

i was thinking the same thing, i also love it.

just listened to melanie, things are looking good for the new album.

IDLE

Reaction score
LOL his pants are almost flying off.

I really like this new stuff, I'm thinking it's going to be an awesome album. It's really a shame what happened, still makes me sad...

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
It's so ironic to see Stef with his 8 nowadays when I clearly remember reading an interview during the 90's where he criticized Korn heavily for using 7 string guitar and 5 string basses saying "7 strings? we don't need that shit to be heavy!" or something. And now he went way further than Korn! hehehe :lol:

Not hating at all, but it's funny!

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
Whats the point of him having the F# is he doesn't use it. It's good to see them in good form anyways.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
I saw a different clip of "Rocket Skates" about a month ago but due to the sound quality it didn't seem worth posting.
Some of the riffs Stef throws down in "Rocket Skates" are pretty cool and quite different sounding and it's got me curious to hear some more, I'm still shocked by the amount of weight Chino has recently lost though as he looks just like he did on "Around The Fur" now!:lol:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
The new material sounds very strong, and I'm not normally a fan of the Deftones.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
dunno if this has been posted yet but i just stumbled on this video. newest song "rocket skates" and some good shots of carpenter's new 8 in action.

Cool vid. Cool to see Sergio playing with them in the meantime. I saw them with Quicksand back in 1998, got to meet them too. Chino was cool and invited us onto their bus. :yesway:

Necky379

Reaction score
I saw a different clip of "Rocket Skates" about a month ago but due to the sound quality it didn't seem worth posting.
Some of the riffs Stef throws down in "Rocket Skates" are pretty cool and quite different sounding and it's got me curious to hear some more, I'm still shocked by the amount of weight Chino has recently lost though as he looks just like he did on "Around The Fur" now!:lol:

:lol: i cant believe he lost the wieght but good for him. its seems like from the newest videos that he's jumpin around a lot more. im getting real excited to hear the studio versions.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
It's so ironic to see Stef with his 8 nowadays when I clearly remember reading an interview during the 90's where he criticized Korn heavily for using 7 string guitar and 5 string basses saying "7 strings? we don't need that shit to be heavy!" or something. And now he went way further than Korn! hehehe :lol:

Not hating at all, but it's funny!

Munky from Korn has had an 8 string for a while. He doesn't really do anything different with it, just the same kind of stuff that he does with his 7s.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
Munky from Korn has had an 8 string for a while. He doesn't really do anything different with it, just the same kind of stuff that he does with his 7s.

Oh Yeah, I forgot about that. Haze is played with the 8 if I'm not mistaken. I think it's cool. But it's kinda funny that Stef didn't like 7s back in the day but now he ended up being a 7/8 string poster boy, which is cool in my book. :yesway:

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I actually learned it by ear earlier today and did a fast cover :D Sloppy but close enough I guess.. I need an 8 now! If stephen starts using 8s for the new album I'll have to get one :lol:

')