New Dimmu Borgir vid RULES

• Thread starter Kagami
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lordofthesewers

Reaction score
The new album is pretty awesome. You should all buy it when it comes out. I heard it all (leaving it at that). That video is awesome, the song (opening track) is very awesome, but it only gets better. The album has its thrashy moments (with black metal atmosphere). If you liked the video you will love the album. I'm gonna try to catch them on tour in seattle on may 10th with kataclysm, unearth, and devildriver (getting over the gayness of unearth and devildriver IMHO)

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
Wow! The song is great! I'm really thinking about picking up the disc. The Serpentine Offering is fucking brutal and all the vocals are pretty incredible.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
The new album is pretty awesome. You should all buy it when it comes out. I heard it all (leaving it at that). That video is awesome, the song (opening track) is very awesome, but it only gets better. The album has its thrashy moments (with black metal atmosphere). If you liked the video you will love the album. I'm gonna try to catch them on tour in seattle on may 10th with kataclysm, unearth, and devildriver (getting over the gayness of unearth and devildriver IMHO)

fuck I'm going to that show just for Unearth and Devildriver, I'm skippin Kataklysm's set and I'm going to watch Dimmu Borgir just to see what a black metal show is like ahah

this video is pretty awesome, though, so high budget!! ahaha

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
They could stand to lose the corpse paint. Apart from that, I liked it, though I thought the 'historical' footage could have been edited to have a better flow.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
They could stand to lose the corpse paint. Apart from that, I liked it, though I thought the 'historical' footage could have been edited to have a better flow.
lol that was hardly historical :lol: I just thought the fighting was badass \m/

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
lol that was hardly historical :lol: I just thought the fighting was badass \m/

Well yeah, but most of it appeared to random shots of medieval dudes bashing into each other. Usually these things have a point of some sort. Eventually they got to the witch-burning thing and it made more sense.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well yeah, but most of it appeared to random shots of medieval dudes bashing into each other. Usually these things have a point of some sort. Eventually they got to the witch-burning thing and it made more sense.
The battling guys are "the church" vs "the forces of satan" (the snake) :lol:

pretty cool song and vid even if the lyrics are kinda stupid :lol:

shredfreak

Reaction score
Been a while since i checked these guys out. Cool vid and great song nonetheless. It's still pretty weird to see a blackmetal band with this kinda budget or production even :lol:

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
I'd rip your ass Justin, but the Enslaved picture serves thee well...

...yer, I've heard better from these guys, as clichéd as it sounds, they just seem to be moving further away from the black metal sound...

...it's still cool though, just...there is better out there IMO (Einherjer :fawk:)

Shaman

Reaction score
...yer, I've heard better from these guys, as clichéd as it sounds, they just seem to be moving further away from the black metal sound...

I agree! They are, in my opinion, sounding more and more like an American metal band these days. Very trashy riffs etc. It's not bad, but it has nothing to offer to me.

It is great to see extreme metal getting bigger bugdets in production, videos, merchandise etc. But cutting an extreme metal song to fit the 3:30 MTV formula, is pretty lame.

It's like cutting off the middle finger that was pointing towards the MTV scene.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
yea, I think EmperoR did a much better job of moving from black metal to something pretty unique, without moving towards trivium ¬.¬

still, a decent song

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't call anything Dimmu Borgir have done in a looooooong time black metal. But I do like their newer stuff, I just wouldn't call it BM, more like goth metal or something.

')