New djent ambient mix thingy, vocals, free song from our EP (feedback please)

• Thread starter Sora01
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sggod89

yeah I take steriods
Reaction score
Man I have really liked this song for quite awhile. Great to hear a new mix of it. Tho I felt like the vocals weren't HUGE enough. I really dig it tho, I really enjoy your tunes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eric_was

Reaction score
definitely a killer tone man. been listening to your stuff for a while. love it. as you mentioned something is lacking....
when i first heard the cleaner vocals it initially made me think of some cleans like the Architects- whether or not they actually are haha.
(crit. to me through my speakers, the vocals aren't sitting on top of the mix enough compared to the kick and snare)
on another note, those swells are great at the end. how did you pull them off??

Sora01

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys!

The ending effects are axe fx stuff layered and reversed as usual. I come up with a melody sometimes that sounds nice to me, but i kind of like the smoothness of a reversed sound.

So what i do is, play the melody backwards from what i originally wanted and then reverse it, to keep the same melodic content but have that super smoothness

eric_was

Reaction score
So what i do is, play the melody backwards from what i originally wanted and then reverse it, to keep the same melodic content but have that super smoothness

oh wow, thats pretty intricate learning the melody backwards. tho i like the idea- and your smoothness is like heartwarming, its crazy . i gotta try it haha!

Tyrant

Reaction score
I can only come up with one word for this...awsome.

Sora01

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

oh wow, thats pretty intricate learning the melody backwards. tho i like the idea- and your smoothness is like heartwarming, its crazy . i gotta try it haha!

thanks! Give it a go! :yesway:

Megaikke

Reaction score
:hbang: the vid looks like it was pretty professionally done especially if Im right thinking it was your guys first gig? :shred:

kaizen1

Reaction score
Hey folks, it's Greg(the vocalist) here :wavey: Cheers for all the feedback/constructive criticism! :yesway:

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
respect!, i am not a big fan of soft vox but your fit the song perfectly bro, like i said.. respect!

Sora01

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
Thanks man! Yeah I think Gregs cleans are his strongest point, he's the bomb at singing :)

Latest posts

')