New Dying Fetus rips.

• Thread starter Dumple Stilzkin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
Agree on the Ampeg tone, but the album is great. I can’t think of many albums this deep into a band’s career that I like so much better than the majority of their output. This is my favorite thing they’ve done in a very long time.

Anyone know what John’s using now? I haven’t really kept up. Still sounds great, but Ampeg > everything.

Reaction score
I think live, he uses a 3120.
IMG_1562.jpeg

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I know they're really known for the Ampeg tone and whatnot, but as a Mark Lewis simp, I have to say this is the best they've ever sounded IMO. For a recorded album anyway. Everything is just so punchy and clear.

xzacx

Reaction score
I know they're really known for the Ampeg tone and whatnot, but as a Mark Lewis simp, I have to say this is the best they've ever sounded IMO. For a recorded album anyway. Everything is just so punchy and clear.
I don't disagree at all, but the Ampeg tone was never about being the best tone, it's just about sounding like the Ampeg tone haha.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Listened to this album twice so far and it does indeed fucking rip. Feast of Ashes is my favorite off of it so far but Subterfuge, Throw them in the Van, Unbridled Fury, and Raised in Victory are awesome. Really, the whole album is great, I just didn't want to start naming song titles and essentially give you the track listing for the album lol.

This actually made me go back and listen to Wrong One to Fuck With as well since I missed that album. That one indeed too fucking rips. Dying Fetus might just be THE most consistent death metal band.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Fetus were on the Garza podcast a few months ago:

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Production is excellent, I wish the bass were a little more audible because the mix is mostly guitars, drums, and vocals. Still sounds HUGE. The riffs are tight and groovy. Everything you'd expect from DF.

I don't think you listen to DF because you expect them to evolve over time, you just want them to keep delivering the same brutal riffs album after album and honestly their ability to consistently do that is really impressive.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
I could never get into DF befoer, but I actually really dig this. Nice.

')