New Elitist EP due out 10.25.2011!

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
For those of you (un)familiar with LA tech-metal/metalcore outfit Elitist (Elitist | Facebook), they will be releasing a new EP titled 'Earth' next month. With this new release, they have enrolled vocalist Alex DeHeart in place of their old vocalist, and a new drummer, Andrew Slane. They have released a track titled 'Specter'.

I personally love this band. Can't wait for this release, but I wish they would have stuck with the plan of doing a full-length.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Never gave them a fair shake because their video on youtube pops up in related videos for every damned technical/prog band and it go sort of annoying.

I'll check em out for real.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
i dont like the new song that much, just doesnt catch my ears when compared to the old stuff. hopefully the rest of the new album will sound better

Sea

THALL
Reaction score
I checked them out when I saw it in the suggestions box next to almost all prog/math/tech metal videos I was watching awhile ago. I'm really not that fond, even now they still give off an ABR vibe. (Obviously since they're metalcore). I gave Specter another try and still can't get into.

It's probably just me.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I definitely like the newest track the most out of anything previously available, but I don't get why they're supposed to be special. They just sound like Parkway/ABR, and it's that kind of metalcore style that's never appealed to me. Maybe I'll warm up to it.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Anyone snag this yet? I'm digging it, although quite disappointed that it's an intro, 3 songs, and then 3 instrumentals of said songs. Great songwriting, but just not enough of it.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
hear 30 second of factures up there and immediatly sent it to that kid i know that loves august burns red, for the fallen dreams, and chealsea grin. unrelated but we call him devbot.

but after a though listen i like 20% of this album and its solos

rectifryer

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty generic and forced with a hint of uninspiring. I really hate being hard on decent musicians, but thats how it sounds.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Now I may be wrong but it seems like another case of "we'll sign you, but you need to release something within 60 days" including such not-so-classics as "That riff we didn't use last CD", "That same riff, but with more panning" and everyone's favorite "invert the rhythm pattern and add a lead over it!".

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I believe the first part of your post is actually true. They got signed to BlkHeart Group and planned on putting out a full-length, but changed it to an EP directly after signing.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I believe the first part of your post is actually true. They got signed to BlkHeart Group and planned on putting out a full-length, but changed it to an EP directly after signing.

Yeah theres no doubt its rushed - but even with saying what I did you can't deny the talents that are in the band.

This video just bores me though :\

Nesty

Reaction score
I can't understand what the vocalist is saying (I know he's screaming but usually I can make out the words).

Anyone feel the same?

Reaction score
I definitely like the newest track the most out of anything previously available, but I don't get why they're supposed to be special. They just sound like Parkway/ABR, and it's that kind of metalcore style that's never appealed to me. Maybe I'll warm up to it.

My thoughts exactly. I love their name though :lol:

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Watching some vid of this really enthusiastic Russian kid cover VoM songs and that same "Elitist - Caves" video pops up. It's like an omnipresent force :ugh:

Jesse Zuretti

Composer /// Guitar/Orchestra @Daath
Reaction score
Portland, Oregon's Elitist (Seasons of Mist) > this band.

')