New ENGL product soon to be unveiled

• Thread starter Zado
  • Start date
  • Tags
    engl
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Has Blackmore ever actually used the ENGL for anything though? His last studio album not playing a lute was recorded when he might have had one in time or might not. He's done a handful of electric Rainbow live shows, but distorted guitar isn't really a primary concern in Blackmore's Night.
He was using the Savage to land that sig model in the first place but yeah not sure how much actually made it onto records after that.. especially in mega dollar productions like he would have enjoyed, who the hell knows

Edit: I could only find two pictures of Ritchie and engl amps in the same pic on Google... And the one is his live backline with no mic on the cab

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Has Blackmore ever actually used the ENGL for anything though? His last studio album not playing a lute was recorded when he might have had one in time or might not. He's done a handful of electric Rainbow live shows, but distorted guitar isn't really a primary concern in Blackmore's Night.

He was using the Savage to land that sig model in the first place but yeah not sure how much actually made it onto records after that.. especially in mega dollar productions like he would have enjoyed, who the hell knows

Edit: I could only find two pictures of Ritchie and engl amps in the same pic on Google... And the one is his live backline with no mic on the cab
It wasn't for very long but yeah, he used it for both Rainbow reunions in the 90s and the 2010s. Stranger In Us All, the following tour, and the 2010s reunion stuff was all done with Engl Sovereign 100s, the old one that had the Savage faceplate.

Soooo I guess it is true he still really likes them if he still used them after a 20 year gap lol

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It wasn't for very long but yeah, he used it for both Rainbow reunions in the 90s and the 2010s. Stranger In Us All, the following tour, and the 2010s reunion stuff was all done with Engl Sovereign 100s, the old one that had the Savage faceplate.

Soooo I guess it is true he still really likes them if he still used them after a 20 year gap lol

Or he liked the royalties. For a lot of the Rainbow stuff a lot of his tone came from the TP-1011 boost anyways :2c:

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Even if he didn’t use it it definitely was a standout of their releases, even folks that don’t really like ENGLs seemed to like that one lol

')