New entry level fixed bridge Ibanez S

• Thread starter Toxin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Not so much in terms of quality but in terms of specs. Their QC is surprisingly good on the low-end guitars, but their pickups are god-awful and it's ridiculous that you have to spend $1500 just to get something name-brand most of the time. Their finishes on lower-end models are also pretty ugly, for some reason they have the most plastic, cheap look ever. Not to mention the price of the Japanese-made stuff keeps creeping up as the Indonesian models become standard for almost anything.

Good thing it's easier to change pickups than make a guitar overall not feel shitty like many other brands mid/low end guitars.

*shrug*

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sear

Reaction score
Good thing it's easier to change pickups than make a guitar overall not feel shitty like many other brands mid/low end guitars.

*shrug*
You are right, though personally I think these days most guitars in the $700-900 USD range are pretty good. I guess the big decider for me is, pickups aren't so great stock compared to other brands, I don't like basswood much, and looks are not usually as nice (PRS SE > any Ibanez in the price range for instance). Obviously this is all subjective though, whatever works for you.

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
What ever happened to the days when looks and sound came second to the feel and playability of the axe?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
What ever happened to the days when looks and sound came second to the feel and playability of the axe?

Something coming before looks? What the hell are you talking about? :lol:

GeoMantic

Reaction score
Is it really so hard to do a maple fretboard? I would be all over this if it was maple.

Survivalism

Ibanez Fanboy
Reaction score

Personally, the only gripe I really ever have with Ibanez IS tone (pickups)
because depending on what model I'm deciding to buy,
I already know how it's going to feel and play (unless of course,
I get a lemon. Then it's going back to the guitar store :lol: )

Then again, I don't think I've ever owned ANY guitar that didn't get the
stock pickups ripped out of it and replaced with some Dimarzio's or
BKP's.

Last edited:
')