New entry level fixed bridge Ibanez S

• Thread starter Toxin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Wishes it was not in silver-burst. I just think the silver-burst thing has become such a fad. I hardly ever see it done is an aesthetically pleasing fashion either. I'd be down for this guitar though for sure. I have one s-series guitar & although I have always preferred the RG series I consecutively play my S series over any of the others, it is just more comfortable, lighter & packs more BWOW to it.
-Brent

Steve_U1S

Reaction score
Ditto on the lack of pickup rings - much preferred by me.

Those bridges though... the pointy and tall bulk of the top forward-most corner really dug into my hand when I tried out the RG style 7 with that bridge...

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
Those bridges though... the pointy and tall bulk of the top forward-most corner really dug into my hand when I tried out the RG style 7 with that bridge...
Aww man, that sucks. I always have issues with the locking nut of the Ibanez headstocks. More than one time I have slid from the 7th to the first fret quickly & been like 'dangit' as I ripped up the side of my finger.
-Brent

s4tch

Reaction score
I LOVE those Gibraltar bridges. Solid, comfy, and crazy resonant! I had one on my RGA121.

That hat a Gibraltar Plus, that's a smoother piece of metal than the "normal" Gibraltar.

I had an RGA32, that had this Gibraltar thing, other than the pretty pointy corner, I had nothing against it.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
Really must try out that Gibralta bridge. Does it really feel like a truck under your palm?

I despise that bridge. The sharp corner dug into my hand whenever I would palm mute, and yeah it's unnecessarily huge.

I think it looks pretty nice but because of the Gibraltar III I don't see myself ever getting one.

Onegunsolution

Brown man
Reaction score
The Gibraltar has love and hate of equal amounts, I thought it felt real comfy when I tried an RGA and RG that had em :lol: This guitar looks juicy.

Stemp Fester

Reaction score
Don't want but am hoping this is some kind of hint that there's more in the works for the S series. Like a Prestige S7.

Isn't about time there was an Ibanez 2013 thread?

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
It looks kinda cheap to me imo. I like the silverburst, but if only the hardware was black and they ditched that cheap white plastic neck binding...

They should do a prestige S7 version with similar looks and specs as the RGA121/321...

By the way, I still can't figure out how a gibraltar bridge could dig in your hand with palm mutes...I have zero problems with them and I palm mute a lot. So I think it's just a matter of technique wether you like these bridges or not. So anyone who asks: don't believe the haters and try it for yourself first.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
^ that's why it's an entry level guitar.
Very nice combo of specs on that one.

joe-tofu

Reaction score
Sometimes, even Ibanez comes up with something halfway decent. Still they seemingly can't offer a decent bridge and why the fuck to they always have to throw ugly dot-inlays in the guitars? Do something without inlays, with sharktooths or at least with the small dots, dammit!

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
So many awesome guitars being released lately.

At least awesome conceptually speaking. This one has a lot of potential to be amazing, so we'll see how its quality stands up when people actually start buying it, because quite frankly, a 7 string silverburst sabre is just awesome.

')