New ESP/LTD for 2010 - MH417

• Thread starter 22km Tombstone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
yeah, most of the new H series just look like they're Hellraiser clones now...which kind of eliminates the entire point of bothering to keep the Schecter and ESP/LTD brands separate if they're just gonna be offering the exact same things (unless it's mainly a money/marketing issue, which i guess it could very well be), but if they were to offer that NV7 as an LTD, i might very well buy a pointy V just for how awesome that fret access is, and i don't like easily chippable guitars, i'm way too anal retentive

as it stands, BCR's Stealth 7 is looking to be the only guitar i've got serious GAS for this year

mrhankey87

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, most of the new H series just look like they're Hellraiser clones now...which kind of eliminates the entire point of bothering to keep the Schecter and ESP/LTD brands separate if they're just gonna be offering the exact same things (unless it's mainly a money/marketing issue, which i guess it could very well be), but if they were to offer that NV7 as an LTD, i might very well buy a pointy V just for how awesome that fret access is, and i don't like easily chippable guitars, i'm way too anal retentive

as it stands, BCR's Stealth 7 is looking to be the only guitar i've got serious GAS for this year

I agree. The only two guitars that really impress me this year are the B.C. Rich Stealth 7 and Ibanez RGA 7 prestige...

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're getting places, at least... black+EMG's is lame but they're going in the right direction.

22km Tombstone

Pro Apologizer
Reaction score
those were all custom guitars

Ahh, makes sense, lol.

They're getting places, at least... black+EMG's is lame but they're going in the right direction.

+1, Exactly what I thought. As 7's seem to be gaining quite a bit of popularity again (Agile, new Ibby 7's, Schecter, now a new one from ESP/LTD) it will be interesting to see what products will be available over the next couple of years.

LTD are playing it safe by offering a tried-and-true (albeit a bit boring) black-finished, EMG-equipped "metal" guitar. The Viper-417 was previously the only non-sig 7 they offered, and while I imagine it did fairly well (well enough to keep it in the lineup) it's very exciting to see them introduce a new 7 model.

If this new model sells well, I'd imagine they would probably look into making more 7 models, or at least offering different finishes, etc. Maybe a F-417 like was mentioned.

Ok, well I can dream, can't I? :lol:

I will give it another shot then .. as all those Ibanez Indo made guitars are putting me off. The unfinished necks are so rough ... dry ... like card board could be as different from the LTDs.

BTW how does ur rockmaster sound thru the LTD SC-607B? do you use the EMG81-7 or EMG707?

Yeah, I mean I haven't played any indo LTD's yet but it's definitely not scaring me away. From what I've read/seen, quality seems about par. I'd leave my final judgment until I play one, though, of course. FWIW I did pick up a indo made FX-401 (to compare it to my MIK FX-400) and it seemed very solid and well-made. I was even a bit jealous as the finish on that one was better than mine ;)

As for the rockmaster... it sounds awesome. Currently I'm playing it through the FX return of a small Randall combo (RG75) while I save up for a decent cab. I have a power amp, but can't use it yet, lol. Still, it sounds really good with the SC-607B. The guitar is stock, so I'm using the 81-7's, I don't think I'll be changing them out - at least not the bridge pup. Maybe the neck pup I'll change, but I like it enough to keep it for now.

To me, it sounds very 5150-ish, only a little more smooth and round, and a little less fizzy, but the aggression is definitely still there. Best $50 I've ever spent on anything guitar-related, lol.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the new headstocks for the Horizons, I always preferred the Horizon body over the C-1, but I like the C-1's headstock better, so this new merge almost cures my cockstock GAS :) Unfortunately, it's only available for 6's and 8's so far. :(

Reaction score
Since I actually don't mind actives, this could quite possibly be my first 7. Because I hate trems and 27" scales don't agree with me. We'll have to see the price tag, but here's hoping.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm probably gonna hit this when it comes out :agreed:

i wish they had done a MH1007 version with an ebony board though.

Tristoner7

Reaction score
ESP hasn't announced any of their 2010 signature series yet either, only standard series LTDs, so hopefully there will be a few new sig 7s too.

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
it makes me lol when people say "FLIP THE HEADSTOCK, NEW PICKUPS, DIFFERENT WOOD TYPES, etc, etc AND IT'D BE PERFECT11!!11" as if its ALMOST right but not quite...no, that'd be an entirely different guitar :eek:

And on that note, I REALLY want this guitar

OwenD

Reaction score
FFFFFUUUUU! Still no 7-string eclipse!!!

+1

They must not read guitar forums....
I'd be all over an Eclipse 7 like flies on shit!
Maple neck thru mahogany body, maybe a maple cap on see thru finishes, I'd like one with the same sunburst as the SC607 from a while back. An assortment of colors for different tastes.
Good quality tuneomatic (black of course), EMG's and an option of regular shaped passives. Ebony board etc. 25.5" scale..
They can do it, I don't see why they don't.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
+1

They must not read guitar forums....
I'd be all over an Eclipse 7 like flies on shit!
Maple neck thru mahogany body, maybe a maple cap on see thru finishes, I'd like one with the same sunburst as the SC607 from a while back. An assortment of colors for different tastes.
Good quality tuneomatic (black of course), EMG's and an option of regular shaped passives. Ebony board etc. 25.5" scale..
They can do it, I don't see why they don't.

I would put money on that they do. Where better to get information about their customer demographic?

The MH-417 is already clearly a nod to forumites as it's something that the community has been asking after for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')