New ESP Whitechapel Signatures!

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
I'm going to buy an ESP AW-7, NEVER play it, Get Alex to personally sign it and frame it c:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Best pics (IMHO) of the AW-7 model so far, courtesy of theperfectguitar.com

1001809esp_law-7_w12040004_lg.jpg

1001809esp_law-7_w12040004_lg5.jpg

1001809esp_law-7_w12040004_lg3.jpg

1001809esp_law-7_w12040004_lg7.jpg

More images at: ESP LTD Signature Series Alex Wade AW-7 at The Perfect Guitar

that's damn nice! GAS

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
those pics of the ebony a fews post above mine doesn't look very ebony :|

Watch this video below from Taylor Guitars. It's a pretty powerful insight into the history and current state of ebony farming and usage.

IronGoliath

Reaction score
Turns out I have to wait until the end of August to get my AW-7. Cancelling my order. Not blaming ESP, blaming the Canadian distributor. Absolutely gutted.

Going for a Horizon NT-7 instead. Bugger bugger bugger.

Reaction score
Turns out I have to wait until the end of August to get my AW-7. Cancelling my order. Not blaming ESP, blaming the Canadian distributor. Absolutely gutted.

Going for a Horizon NT-7 instead. Bugger bugger bugger.

Nah man, I was originally told by Guitar Center when I ordered mine that delivery date was gonna be April. Then once April rolled around, the delivery date got pushed back to July 3rd due to only 12 AW-7 models being shipped on the first batch back to North America. In continuation of what I was told was that someone put an order in for 100 of the AW-7's and that since this happened, not only did I have to wait for mine, but who ever ordered the 100 still had to wait for the other 88 to show up. This was also the reason for the July 3rd delivery date as per Dana at ESP.

If you really want one of these, just wait for it to come in. I can say first hand that the wait WILL be worth every second and the price worth every penny for it. :agreed::yesway:

Hahahaha. At least I know where #4 is. Mine's #3 per serial #, and Heineken has #12. So there's still 9 more out there from the fist initial 12 shipped from ESP out there unclaimed. Let's see who else gets an AW-7 NGD soon...

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
Hahahaha. At least I know where #4 is. Mine's #3 per serial #, and Heineken has #12. So there's still 9 more out there from the fist initial 12 shipped from ESP out there unclaimed. Let's see who else gets an AW-7 NGD soon...

If #7 made its way to me, life would be good. :cool:

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
I have Alex's personal AW-7 in my possession right now, and i can tell you all it really is as comfy as my beloved Ibanez 7's... i am as hardcore of an Ibanez fanboy as it gets, and the WC signatures are about the only non-Ibby 7's i have played that i really felt great playing! I'd really love to get my hand's on Ben's guitar next, i'm sure its just as great.

Reaction score
Oh, and I wanted to let everyone know something about these - the AW-7 model at least - compared to nearly all the other LTD 7-string models out there...

After really playing my AW-7 for a while, I went back to my EC407 for a little while and I noticed a major difference in the way the neck feels between the two. The neck on the AW-7 feels thinner width-wise than the EC407 and the other LTD 7 string necks. However, the AW-7 still has a 1 7/8" nut width, but it really does feel smaller. It's not smaller feeling in a bad way, because it's surprisingly great feeling and a blast to play. I don't know what it is, but there IS a difference to it and you'll see what I mean when everyone else compares it to any other ESP LTD 7-string.

Just thought everyone else would like to know... :agreed:

And @ HumanFuseBen: Really cool having the actual artist's prototype isn't it??? I'm still curious to hear what Alex has to say about playing his prototype compared to an actual production model - mahogany vs. the alder and how much difference there is tone-wise between the two...

Dooky

Reaction score
Watch this video below from Taylor Guitars. It's a pretty powerful insight into the history and current state of ebony farming and usage.

That was bloody interesting!
I've heard that the Mahogany situation is pretty dodgey at the moment to. Particularly the Malaysian Mahogany.

LetsMosey

friendly ginger
Reaction score
I thought only the ESP version had an Ebony fingerboard. LTD I believe has rosewood.

')