New ESP Whitechapel Signatures!

• Thread starter MikeH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I_CUM_BLOOD

Reaction score
Anybody noticed this difference in bridge?

Sqr54.jpg

VERSUS

FSnrH.jpg

what's going on here? Can anybody confirm this?

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
Anybody noticed this difference in bridge?

Real Hipshot vs ESP's version of a Hipshot. Alex's prototype has a real Hipshot bridge, and the production model AW-7s have an ESP version.

I have an AW-7 on the way, and looking at the screw placements of the two bridges, can you swap the ESP Hipshot for a real one? Looks to me like new holes would have to be drilled. :scratch:

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
That looks exactly like the hipshot copy that Agile uses. I'm fairly certain that the 8 string version would be a straight swap on those; I'm not sure about the 7.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
If you head back earlier in the thread we talked about how Alex was under the impression that the AW-7 would have a real hipshot, but in the end ESP decided it would be affordable to mass produce their own version of the hipshot. As someone who has gotten to play both I can assure you it feels and functions exactly the same and looks almost identical.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
As someone who has gotten to play both I can assure you it feels and functions exactly the same and looks almost identical.

Same thing with my Agile vs. actual Hipshot. If anything, the black coating on the generic one is better. The Hipshot scratched off to bare metal the first time I adjusted my intonation.

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
I really like the roundness of the actual Hipshot. Guess not worth the 90$ plus new holes drilled if there's no real difference.

Hurry up and get here, July.

Konstantine

Reaction score
Got a ZH7 ordered. Waiting for sam ash to finally get the darn thing in stock. Got about 1 to 2 weeks tops to go before it gets here. I'm getting pretty antsy and anxious about it hoping ESP did a good job manufacturing these guitars. Anybody already get theirs and can comment on the fit and finish of these?

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
I was waiting to see reviews of this model, please let's hear what you think of it. After a long and excruciating shopping' around for my 1st seven, I'm now torn between the ZH-7 & H-1007. I think the quality of both is awesome but I think the ZH-7 will have slightly better components, materials + it has ebony fretboard, and IMHO, it looks much nicer. Only worry is I don't know how to clean satin finishes.

To Konstantine: Did you try to order from StudioGears.com before? They seem to have one in stock.

Konstantine

Reaction score
I would go with the ZH7 over the 1007 as well. The fact that I already have a H1000 sixer is probably a factor but I just love the way the ZH7 looks with that quilted maple top and the ebony board is a nice plus. I ordered through sam ash instead of a online retailer so I would not have to go through the chore of shipping it back out if something was not right with it. If it does not work out with the one sam ash gets I can just get my money back right away and not have to wait.

theicon2125

Reaction score
I saw Whitechapel at Mayhem the other day and I noticed that Zach had passives in both the guitars the used during the set (it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to short, only 5 songs :realmad: ) Any word on if he is gonna change his sigs to passives?

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
I saw Whitechapel at Mayhem the other day and I noticed that Zach had passives in both the guitars the used during the set (it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to short, only 5 songs :realmad: ) Any word on if he is gonna change his sigs to passives?

I'm pretty sure it's too late for that. By now I'm sure the specs and whatnot have been finalized, so no

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score

He ripped out the EMGs in his and installed his own Dimarzio D-Activators. He wanted passives in his sigs but he was too late to get it changed so he just put them in the guitars he plays live.

Production model will always have EMGs

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
I finally got a slightly more production model of my sig (slightly meaning I got the version that was at NAMM with the Hipshot copy bridge) and I still love it. I switch between my original prototype with the Hipshot for drop A songs and the NAMM prototype with the ESP bridge copy for drop G songs live and the copy is perfectly fine. Although the Hipshot looks nicer obviously the feel is exactly the same.

Reaction score
I finally got a slightly more production model of my sig (slightly meaning I got the version that was at NAMM with the Hipshot copy bridge) and I still love it. I switch between my original prototype with the Hipshot for drop A songs and the NAMM prototype with the ESP bridge copy for drop G songs live and the copy is perfectly fine. Although the Hipshot looks nicer obviously the feel is exactly the same.

Hey Alex, on that note... I'm guessing that the NAMM display AW-7 has the mahogany wings instead of tha alder your actual prototype has am I correct? If so, do you have an issue with the mahogany one being darker and almost muddy sounding in comparison to the prototype??? I am still having a hard time trying to get mine EQ'd, and want to know if yours is the same way or if I just got one that happens to be the ultimate oddity of them all.

If you can let me know on that, I'd like to know your take on the alder vs mahogany. I may wind up sticking a set of Duncan Distortion 7's in mine, if not going the route of the Phase 1 EMTY Blackout 7's...

Thanks man!!!

Grack

Tr00 and Kvlt
Reaction score
Hey Alex, on that note... I'm guessing that the NAMM display AW-7 has the mahogany wings instead of tha alder your actual prototype has am I correct? If so, do you have an issue with the mahogany one being darker and almost muddy sounding in comparison to the prototype??? I am still having a hard time trying to get mine EQ'd, and want to know if yours is the same way or if I just got one that happens to be the ultimate oddity of them all.

If you can let me know on that, I'd like to know your take on the alder vs mahogany. I may wind up sticking a set of Duncan Distortion 7's in mine, if not going the route of the Phase 1 EMTY Blackout 7's...

Thanks man!!!

I second this. And also, which do you honestly prefer?

Konstantine

Reaction score
Finally got my ZH7 this morning. Fell in love with it right away. The fit and finish is very nice and the quilted maple top looks amazing in person with the matte see through finish. Absolutely no regrets of buying this guitar at all.

Plugged it into my tsl 100 with a single 1960a cab and it brought so much bottom end out of my rig that I had to eq the bass back a few notches. striking a large chord is borderline orgasmic. So much power. The emgs sound amazing in this guitar. I've had a schecter c7 plus with duncans and I much prefer the emgs over them imho.

Anyone on the fence about buying any of these bad boys can rest assured that they will not be dissapointed.

2012-07-3118-21-49235.jpg

')