New Ever Forthright Axe-Fx mix + Teaser

beerybobb

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've been working on a new mix for my band Ever Forthright. We recently upgraded from a pod to an axe-fx.

First up here's a new mix of our song "Dispose of Your Optimism". Check it out and let me know what you think

http://www.everforthright.com/7sorg/dispose-of-your-optimism.mp3

Also, take a look at the myspace and check out our sampler and let me know what you think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
Wow that's a pretty impressive song. Sounds pretty great! What amp models are you using there? Just curious, been doing a lot of tweaking with my axe fx lately trying to find the perfect chunky yet tight tone for recording. Best luck I've had so far has been the USA Lead 1, or the VHT D60M mixed with the Uberschall.

gangaman

Reaction score
DAMN ,man thats some intense riffing right there! Keep up the good work.

Ramsey

Reaction score
This was pretty cool. I'd say the song runs a little long near the end but the playing is tight and superb. The overhead might need some EQ though? Im not really sure.

Otherwise great effort, I liked this a lot.

EDIT: on a couple of listens, I take it back. The track is perfect length, quite epic too. Im lovin the outro now. Synths are a bit loud for my tastes, but thats probably because of laptop speakers. :/ take it with a grain of salt. I'll give it another proper listen on headphones...

beerybobb

Reaction score
Thanks sooooooooo much everyone! :)

Necrophagist777 - I'm using the Euro Uber amp. Everyone seems the love the FAS Modern amp, but it didn't seem to work out for us. the Euro Uber seemed to have a lot more note definition, which is what we need.

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
Thanks sooooooooo much everyone! :)

Necrophagist777 - I'm using the Euro Uber amp. Everyone seems the love the FAS Modern amp, but it didn't seem to work out for us. the Euro Uber seemed to have a lot more note definition, which is what we need.

The new Marsha Hairy Brown eye is so clear and defined but it might be a bit too british and gainy for what you play. The CAE Lead is great too.

beerybobb

Reaction score
The new Marsha Hairy Brown eye is so clear and defined but it might be a bit too british and gainy for what you play. The CAE Lead is great too.

Yeah, i think i remember using that on a pop rock project and it was pretty great. I may have actually used in on a lead track somewhere on our upcoming cd

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
Dude...this is huge! Great friggin job! this straight up blew me away! haha! :hbang:

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
Holy Fucking Notiness, I love this song. Haha, Everytime I click on a link with Axe FX in the title I not only hear awesome guitar tone but it's like it makes people 10x better at guitar haha. I've never heard a clip made with an axe fx that didn't impress the fuck out of me and this track definitely is aiming to please. The riffs on this are quite djenty. The composition of the riffs is alittle BTBAM ADD-ish, I think it scrait smacks bitches yo! The drums on the mix are pretty good, for some reason I think they might be missing a little "thud"...?.... I don't know they sound good but the guitars are very prominent in the mix. Overall I give this a SUPER DUPER :yesway: and thanks for posting this awesomeness!

beerybobb

Reaction score
Holy Fucking Notiness, I love this song. Haha, Everytime I click on a link with Axe FX in the title I not only hear awesome guitar tone but it's like it makes people 10x better at guitar haha. I've never heard a clip made with an axe fx that didn't impress the fuck out of me and this track definitely is aiming to please. The riffs on this are quite djenty. The composition of the riffs is alittle BTBAM ADD-ish, I think it scrait smacks bitches yo! The drums on the mix are pretty good, for some reason I think they might be missing a little "thud"...?.... I don't know they sound good but the guitars are very prominent in the mix. Overall I give this a SUPER DUPER :yesway: and thanks for posting this awesomeness!

Thanks for the compliments. it was actually quite a journey getting that tone. Kinda tough to make something that really fit in. BTBAM? I was never expecting that, haha.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Fucking killer. The kicks don't really have the "feel" that I think they need, but I'm absolutely going to blame my shitty speakers.

Everything else is awesome :yesway:

beerybobb

Reaction score
Fucking killer. The kicks don't really have the "feel" that I think they need, but I'm absolutely going to blame my shitty speakers.

Everything else is awesome :yesway:

Thanks man! I'm working on the kick, its a bit hard getting it to sound right when mixing without a sub.

Latest posts

')