New Facebook feed on right hand side

• Thread starter slapnutz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Since this is the 'feedback' section, I thought I'd past this link as per the Site New section.

Subject: FB Feed now showing on right
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/showthread.php?t=317341

So we are loosing about 1/6th of horizontal screen space due to this feed.
I'm on a 24' monitor so its quite annoying and I can only imagine what guys using laptop screens are putting up with now.

Coz Social Media is everything and screw design efficiency... or something.:nuts:

Please... ppleeeaaasseee.... either give us a Forum user CP option to disable it AND give our screen width back, or at least put it at the top/bottom of the page so we retain the width and can scroll to/away from it if required.

Yes, it is annoying enough to deter me from visiting here as often as I'd like to and I'm sure it has the same effect on some others.

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
Agree, it's location is really annoying. Top or bottom would be much better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah even things like trying to zoom in on the text (now that 1/3 of the screen is eaten up by the super awkward ad placement) doesn't seem to work on mobile browsers. Ugh. I could get over seeing the ads all the time on mobile, but not being able to zoom to read is kind of an issue. :rant:

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highly agreed.

My phone and laptop screens are being eaten up by the location. I agree with whoever above suggested having it at the bottom of the screen.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Piss it off all together. We don't need a feed to a stagnant fb page...

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Piss it off all together. We don't need a feed to a stagnant fb page...

That's the part that's mystifying about the whole thing. No one uses it. Why have it take up space?

ferret

Reaction score
I cannot no longer visit this site at work as Facebook causes web proxy warnings with every page load.

electriceye

Reaction score
Great. So, the RIGHT thing to do would be to WAIT to put the stupid side bar in AFTER the mobile versions are complete. :nuts::wallbash: Poor excuse to be so user un-friendly.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Great. So, the RIGHT thing to do would be to WAIT to put the stupid side bar in AFTER the mobile versions are complete. :nuts::wallbash: Poor excuse to be so user un-friendly.
Well if they did they that would mean someone actually used common sense in the planning. That said, I have no idea what their financial situation is atm regarding the demands of running the servers.

Also quotes like this doesn't exactly give me high hopes going forward...
Alex said:
Sidebars are everywhere on every major site you come across.
Oh well, all we can do is wait and see what happens.

vanhendrix

Reaction score
I hardly ever post anymore but I do lurk to keep up to date on fancy expensive gear. This thread has inspired me to join in and say I despise the facebook sidebar or whatever it is. I keep scrolling through that instead of the page i'm on on my ipad because it perfectly lines up with where I happen to touch when scrolling.

I don't have facebook, i don't want facebook. At least give me the option to turn this off please?

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Some of the users on this site are so loaded, it's too bad someone just doesn't become the benefactor of SSO. If I had dough to blow on some of the custom gear I see on here I'd just be like "yo here's 100$ now make this site as good as it was before"*

I remember that once when about half of the active users on the Lamb of God message board got banned en masse, one of the dudes just made his own Lamb of God message board for banned members of the Official Lamb of God message board. It was actually pretty busy for a good 10 years. Even Mark and Randy joined it :lol:

*I actually have no real understanding of how much it costs to run a website.