New floyd...

• Thread starter Mark. A
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Stay away from that second one for sure, it's only single locking. I don't know about the first one, but generally I would probably only dish out cash for an original floyd or one of the decent Ibanez trems.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking more closely at the first one, I'd stay away from it too. It's coming from Hong Kong, so the shipping and import fees and shit are going to kill that price, and any trem starting at 32 bucks I wouldn't trust anyways.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'd seriously suggest saving up for a real Floyd or grabbing a use Ibanez Edge, the original's are a direct swap for a Floyd. I paid £65 for a used one for my franken-RG.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
where did you find the Edge for £65? I may get one of them instead of an OFR for my M350.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I will probably have a Lo TRS II for sale in like 2 weeks or so.. if I can find a Edge Pro II (if it will even swap witha trs II) so I could sell the trs for like.. $50 shipped to austraila.. I know its not great but better than the crap you posted lol

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Just save up and buy a real bridge. It'll be cheaper than if you buy this one, realize it sucks and then buy a real one later. just get the good shit now. it saves you money later.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Original Floyd/Floyd Pro/Schaller, Gotoh, or Original Edge/LoPro Edge. Anything else is garbage.

I'm not counting the Edge Pro, because it needs a bigger rout than any of he above(because of the those stupid ball-end holders underneath).

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I actually want a Edge Pro II.. so if anyone is selling, PM me lol

Rather have that over a OFR/Schaller. and a real Edge wont retrofit in the guitar =[

jtm45

Reaction score
I really don't understand why you'd want an Edge-Pro II over an OFR or a Schaller FR.
Both of the latter are miles better than the EPII.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't understand why you'd want an Edge-Pro II over an OFR or a Schaller FR.
Both of the latter are miles better than the EPII.

+1 This is like buying a TRS over an Edge. The Edge Pro II, while better than a LoTRS, is still inferior to any of the Gotoh made trem(edge/etc) or Schaller made ones(OFR/Pro/etc).

With the huge price drop on trems since Floyd's license expired, I see no reason not to get an Original Floyd, or the Gotoh(which is dirt cheap now, and hardened steel!).

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
OFRs and schallers feel like crap under my hand, Edges are rounder, and imo psychologically more stable because of it. Of course, If I am planning on using the trem alot, I will get a LoPro.. but if its just sparringly used, I rather find a $50 EPII than spend $160 on a OFR that I wont even enjoy

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
What, you're refering to the rounded saddles? Both the Floyd Rose Pro, and Gotoh have them.

Just seems odd to get what is basically a low quality bridge as a upgrade.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
not rounded saddles, baseplate, saddles, everything. Better feel.. go compare a Edge and a OFR and you'll see what im talking about

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, the Gotoh feels the exact same as an Edge trem to me. Since they make the Edge, that's not a surprise.

jtm45

Reaction score
If you were talking LP Edge or original Edge then i'd go for it every time over an OFR (a personal preference thing)but any of the TRS/EPII/III type things then i'd definitely go for the OFR or the Schaller because they are infinitely better than any of the Ibanez budget trems.
I'd even go for an OFR or a Schaller over the Edge Pro,but that's just me.;)

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
OFRs and schallers feel like crap under my hand, Edges are rounder, and imo psychologically more stable because of it. Of course, If I am planning on using the trem alot, I will get a LoPro.. but if its just sparringly used, I rather find a $50 EPII than spend $160 on a OFR that I wont even enjoy

How the hell can a piece of metal be 'psychologically more stable'? I'd understand if you mean tthat it felt better in your mind, but that just didn't make sense. :lol:

I'd go for a real Schaller or Gotoh. The market price on those has totally floored recently. We get em for sweeties at work. Unfortunately, for once i can't say - the rep said specifically not to.

Whatever happens, Simon does not think looking at somewhere like allparts for a retail version of one of these would in any way get you a huge discount of what a shop would charge you, because shops have obviously updated there RRP's to account for this price change, and are obviously not just keeping the price the same and pocketing massive profits.

:wavey:

What?

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Psychologically, since theres more metal there, its more stable to me.. Its not one thin plate like OFRs. The actual degree of stability of the two trems, I have no idea, but usually when something is thicker, its generally more stable, Least psychologically.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, psychologically means in your mind :lol: It would mean you think that it's better, whether or not it actually is. I think you mean physically.

')