New Fortin Amps? Cali, Monolith

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Saw Mike posted this on Facebook a couple days ago. My guess is Per Nilsson sig amp given he is playing at the Fortin NAMM both on Saturday and he has been touring with Meshuggah. Maybe a Meshuggah head with no NOS components? All my guesses.

View media item 1549
And the new Cali amp

View media item 1550

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
They just announced a new amp called the Fortin Cali on their page earlier today. I believe it is in addition to the announcement of whatever the monolith is.

Will be interesting to see specs and pricing....and whether or not metroamps is gonna be making it all like the last meshuggah run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Eh? I never heard about this Metroamps thing. So Mike wasn't hands-on with the Meshuggah run?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They just announced a new amp called the Fortin Cali on their page earlier today. I believe it is in addition to the announcement of whatever the monolith is.

Will be interesting to see specs and pricing....and whether or not metroamps is gonna be making it all like the last meshuggah run.

Just saw that, looks like a production version of his Cali modded Marshall with a clean channel.

Somebody was saying they think the Monolith is a power amp for modelers.

Eh? I never heard about this Metroamps thing. So Mike wasn't hands-on with the Meshuggah run?

At least the last production run of Meshuggahs were shipped from Metro... I compared the address somebody posted they got theirs from with the Metro address from a loop I just bought... and about the same time George was posting online about how exhausted he was from building a lot of amps for a client he couldn't name.

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
At least the last production run of Meshuggahs were shipped from Metro... I compared the address somebody posted they got theirs from with the Metro address from a loop I just bought... and about the same time George was posting online about how exhausted he was from building a lot of amps for a client he couldn't name.

This, and it seems most of not all of the current fortin pedals are made by AllPedals in Paducah,KY

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Power amp for modelers would be cool, he did make Ola a one-off 50 watt tube power amp for his AX8. I can’t remember if it was a Satan power amp, or something more flat.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen some posts from the booth, 2 Calis one white and one black and Jason Frankhouser's orange pumpkin that he uses to demo. No sign of the Monolith yet. Seems like either it's not getting released or it's getting unveiled at an artist demo at some point during the show.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
I've seen some posts from the booth, 2 Calis one white and one black and Jason Frankhouser's orange pumpkin that he uses to demo. No sign of the Monolith yet. Seems like either it's not getting released or it's getting unveiled at an artist demo at some point during the show.
Something like:

vDAvjPb.gif

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Wait, may be completely wrong. I just noticed a smaller box off to the right in one of the pics that may be it. Little box on the 1x12 to the right of the white Cali.

View media item 1569

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Now I wanna know what it’s like. I wonder if it’s designed to sound flat response, like the Fryette power station / LXII, or is it just a normal tube power amp?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not on the Fortin facebook group, but so far I've seen nothing about availability for any of the amps. Starting to wonder if they're actually being released or if these are just a bunch of demo amps for NAMM as opposed to products. I was hoping they were going to announce distribution through someone so normal purchasing vs bank wire was going to be available, but that doesn't seem to be a thing either.

The only actual product releases I've seen were the Whitechapel pedal and the Hydra midi footswitch, and the Whitechapel is a preorder.

Meeotch

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates! I'm really interested in this Cali, and I'm hoping it goes into production. Subscribed.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man, FWIW, not impressed with the Cali sound at all. Not sure it's the venue or what, but I'm surprised that I heard the Hiwatt Fortin and thought "Hell Yeas!" and everything else has been "meh", even though they must all be rather small tweaks on the same circuit? Maybe it's just how guys are dialing them in?

It has a depth and presence control.

IT HAS

A DEPTH

AND PRESENCE CONTROL.

Why is it so goddamn hard for all power amps to have those controls? :squint:

I don't know, I think most of the established ones do? All the rack stuff from Engl / Fryette always had these.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
Man, FWIW, not impressed with the Cali sound at all. Not sure it's the venue or what, but I'm surprised that I heard the Hiwatt Fortin and thought "Hell Yeas!" and everything else has been "meh", even though they must all be rather small tweaks on the same circuit? Maybe it's just how guys are dialing them in?

I don't know, I think most of the established ones do? All the rack stuff from Engl / Fryette always had these.
Some say the Hiwatt cab/speakers are the secret sauce.