New Fountainhead EP and music video

Fountainhead

Reaction score
"In december 2012, acclaimed 7string and fretless guitarist/composer Fountainhead will release the first in a series of 4 conceptually linked digital EPs, featuring many guest musicians from all over the world.
The first single, "Fear Is The Enemy" , which also features Charlie Zeleny (Blotted Science, Jordan Rudess, Behold!...The Arctopus) on drums, Jacob Schmidt (Defeated Sanity) on bass and Jimmy Pitts (Pitts/Minnemann Project, Spastic Ink) on keys, has already been released as a promotional music-video: Fountainhead - Fear Is The Enemy OFFICIAL VIDEO - YouTube "

Hope you guys will like the new record and video! I need all the help I can get in promoting this...

:hbang:
Cheers,
Tom a.k.a. Fountainhead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NixerX

Chuggin and Chuffin
Reaction score
That was the weirdest mix Ive ever heard. The lead melodies were super interesting. Phrasing was very unconventional to my ears and reminded me a bit of early Steve Howe only modernized. which is meant to be taken as a compliment as I am a HUGE yes fanboi.

Overall a very cool listen. Thank you and good luck!!

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
This is fucking awesome, really unique sounding. And thats such an awesome lineup of musicians as well. I'll definitely be buying this album

Fountainhead

Reaction score
Thanks so much for checking it out, guys. "Unique" is definitely what I want my music and playing to be, so that´s a BIG compliment.
NixerX, Steve Howe was definitely not an influence on my playing, but that´s still a very cool thing to read - Yes are without a doubt one of the greatest bands ever, even though my personal prog-roots lie elsewhere...
spawnofthesith: oh yeah, I still can´t believe I managed to get such amazing bunch of musicians to help me out - from the recording line-up straight to the guys performing with me in the video, everybody´s been awesome. And there´s more: every song on the new EP is very different in mood and style, so I had different people and instruments for each song, from a real string section to indian percussion or even harp....

again, thanks for checking it out! :bowdown:
:hbang: Tom a.k.a. Fountainhead.

Nick4764

Reaction score
That is some incredibly awesome stuff mate. I can hear alot of different influences in this yet still maintains originality. Keep it up mate

Gnome7

Reaction score
I like the weirdness, it kept my attention the whole way through.

Fountainhead

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump, Overtone!
I´ve been meaning to make a new post about the EP being out, but kinda forgot about it :)
So yeah, everyone´s invited to download the full EP here (you may choose your own price, download comes with full artwork + the video):
Fountainhead
it´s on iTunes, CDbaby, youtube etc. as well...

Metaguitarist, my prog-roots would be King Crimson (especially the 80s stuff), Mike Oldfield´s 70s stuff, Rush, the first few Dream Theater albums, Savatage, Mahavishnu/Shakti, David Torn´s early stuff, lots and lots of Zappa, "minimal" music from Reich, Glass or Riley...that´s what I grew up on. :)

')