New GEAR Day! (NGD(x2), NND, NPD(x3), NPRD++) [54k=No, ADSL=Nope, Fiber-Optic=Maybe]

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
rob_l strikes back!

Well, not this time!:fawk:

So where do I start?
Let's start with the boring stuff:rolleyes:

NPRD (New Pickup Rings Day) :lol:

A little while back I posted a thread of my scratched up Carvin after I got it back from the tech that was supposed to just swap the bridge-pickup.

Gave it to another guy that fixed it up and we decided to put on some rings to hide the biggest dent and then just fix the small scratches, good as new. I'm actually really happy with how it came out!
Swapped the Dimarzio x2n for a BKP Painkiller. The x2n was a really cool pickup, but not quite what I was looking for, thanks to Zimbloth I found exactly what I was looking for :)

To bad they weren't offering 7-string covers at the time :p

Pics!
DSC00092.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

Some additional pics there, just because I'm such a show-off :)

Next, NPD(x2) & NND (New Neck Day)
My good old Fender... eh.. I guess we can call it Fervin now. My first guitar, this one have been through A LOT since I got it, I think it's only the body that is left of it really, haha. But now it's PERFECT! I've just never wanted to sell it because I've always liked how it sounded, but not how it played, after I got my 2nd guitar anyway :p
How it used to look:
DSC00612.jpg

New Carvin Neck!
DSC01799.jpg

Looked really metal with the new neck so I wanted the pickups to match. I was really unsure about swapping the SD SH-1 though, because I loved that one, but I could always swap it back in so didn't really have anything to lose. Wanted something that was a little more metal but still could do the rock, as this is kinda my rock-guitar :p Tim recommended me the nailbombs, perfect!
Also placed the killswitch where I originally wanted it AND throw in a piezo while I was at it + get rid of the midi thing... you'll see why soon :p And even get rid of the tremolo as it really wasn't any good at all. Either OFR or nothing, right? :p
PICS!
DSC00103.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

So I posted this thread a year ago or something. Saying this was my very last guitar for a couple of decades, and I meant it!
I didn't get it until recently though, Elysian knew how to spend time installing the graphtech ghost system in it. So thanks to Adam I got another guitar before I got my VERY LAST ONE. It has also been posted before here though. I don't got much more to add to what has already been said there, except for awesome high quality pictures of course!;)
So here you have it, of both of them. They kinda match, doesn't they?:metal:

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00053.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

I can only say I'm EXTREMELY happy with both of them. And my TIL8 is pretty happy too. Now it can take a little break:
DSC00118.jpg

It hurts to see it suffer like that because I'm so selfish and just can't stop playing it so it's getting scars and everything :(

I actually had quite a photo-shoot with all of my guitars today:
DSC00135.jpg

Looks more like a massacre here though.

DSC00136.jpg

Ahhh... All lined up in place again.

The End. No more NGD's from this guy :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Malacoda

Fogdiver
Reaction score
I've heard "No more NGDs for me" before :lol:

But seriously, everything looks FANTASTIC. Both Carvins are awesome (tons of knobs on the natural one) and the F8 is of course amazing. Great stuff!!!!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Michael, you are an ABSOLUTE king when it comes to guitar beauty; not to mention guitar skills :lol:. I've been waiting to see some pictures of your final collection, and now it's finally here. The Blackmachine is pure SEX. And that Carvin... I never guessed it was going to look so good. That thing is fully customized, isn't it? How did you get it so insanely customized? I don't know the backstory of it haha.

Congratulations man, you got by far the best collection I've seen in my entire life. Immense props to that. :bowdown::shred::hbang:

Alberto

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
:wag:

I love natural/ stained finishes and those look amazing

Tirell

Reaction score
Jealous!!!
Especially of the Blackmachine
you're damn lucky

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
i was already wondering where that F8 may have ended up :lol:

nice collection, man :metal:

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Looks great man! ALL OF THEM!

Sex. I have been waiting for this thread for a LONG time. :lol:

Congrats bro. :hbang:
Me too, haha. I've just been lazy. Took lika an hour to just upload all the pics I shot. Took some time taking them too! But now I'm done, don't need to worry about any new NGD threads now :p

I've heard "No more NGDs for me" before :lol:

But seriously, everything looks FANTASTIC. Both Carvins are awesome (tons of knobs on the natural one) and the F8 is of course amazing. Great stuff!!!!
Haha, yeah. But I promised my girlfriend, and April 1st I told her I had ordered another one and she walked towards me with this insane look that said something like I'M GOING TO KILL YOU RIGHT HERE AND NOW! So I told her APRIL FOOLS and she was basically pretty mad the rest of the day, haha.
I wouldn't dare.

Michael, you are an ABSOLUTE king when it comes to guitar beauty; not to mention guitar skills :lol:. I've been waiting to see some pictures of your final collection, and now it's finally here. The Blackmachine is pure SEX. And that Carvin... I never guessed it was going to look so good. That thing is fully customized, isn't it? How did you get it so insanely customized? I don't know the backstory of it haha.

Congratulations man, you got by far the best collection I've seen in my entire life. Immense props to that. :bowdown::shred::hbang:

Alberto
The only thing Carvin did which isn't standard was making a sandwiched body with a flamed koa top on the back. I wanted flamed koa, but I didn't want it on the front because I was aiming for a more clean look and was afraid it would look kinda messy with flamed koa and stuff. The front did get a little flame to it too though, but I'm very happy with how it came out :)

After Carvin was done they sent it to Elysian/Adam Bath who installed the graphtech ghost system which is all the additional switches and stuff.

:wag:

I love natural/ stained finishes and those look amazing
That's my new favourite too :)

Nice, I was wondering where that Blackmachine 8 ended up :D

Damn nice collection of scores :yesway:

i was already wondering where that F8 may have ended up :lol:

nice collection, man :metal:

Yeah I know. Misha wrote that he sold it to a very deserving person, so he apparently had two F8's. I still don't know where that other one ended up though.

Edika

Reaction score
Just amazing!! All of your guitars are awesome, but the Carvin with the two extra knobs and switches was just overkill! In a good sense!

Fred

Reaction score
Hahahaha, the number of controls on that Carvin is fucking absurd. Congrats an a monstrous haul, good to know such sweet guitars are going to someone who's going to make the most of them as well!

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Haha. I'm still waiting for the real hate-comments about those switches :p

When Adam showed me pictures of it I was like Holy shit, what have I done! Haha. But it actually looks pretty nice in person. I will probably just actually use less than 50% of them though.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
You have an epic collection dude, verrrrry jealous :yum: Love your vids too.

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
the carvin in the photo with the blackmachine is koa right? god i love koa!

amazing collection. a carvin 7 needs to be my next gtr.

on that blackmachine, thats one hell of a fan. so the first frets are parallel on this? is it still easy to play on the high frets of the 6-8th strings?? if i had that guitar i would need GPS to find my way around.

')