New GEAR Day! (NGD(x2), NND, NPD(x3), NPRD++) [54k=No, ADSL=Nope, Fiber-Optic=Maybe]

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
This thread > * Rob_L's threads! :rofl: So many epic pieces and each one is different! Awesome stuff man, looking forward to more cool vids with the new gear! :wub:

One note though, it is a shame that you receive your Carvin back with such sloppy routes (and is that a circular indentation/scratch next to one of the knobs too?) after such a long wait to boot. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

revclay

Reaction score
You have quite the collection of guitars there. That is one of the most epic NGDs ever. Nice work. I may be a little jealous.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Amazing man, looks like a solid lineup. Glad to see the DC727 Elysian rigged up with MIDI worked out, it inspired me to get MIDI/piezo in something Elysian is finishing up for me too, with a Carvin NT blank =]

Although I still think your old DC727, the blue with red burst is the best of your collection :agreed:

FWB

Reaction score
jesus fucking christ

What do all the controls on that Carvin do?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Aw, crap, man! I was scrolling though your pics waiting to ask if that means you'll sell me your TIL8 until I saw that last picture. *sigh*:lol:

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
Wow. That blackmachine is the best 8 I've ever seen. Nice score.

Rokkaholic

Reaction score
You basically covered my hopes and dreams. Awesome stuff. I bet you worked hard to get that stuff and I will be very upset if you don't do a youtube video of the Blackmachine and other stuff :scream::scream::scream:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Amazing. Just amazing. I mean seriously, goddammit Michael! Seriously!

awesome 7, and mind-blowing 8! i have no idea how either of them sound and feel, but just LOOK AT THEM!

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
the carvin in the photo with the blackmachine is koa right? god i love koa!

amazing collection. a carvin 7 needs to be my next gtr.

on that blackmachine, thats one hell of a fan. so the first frets are parallel on this? is it still easy to play on the high frets of the 6-8th strings?? if i had that guitar i would need GPS to find my way around.

Koa yes. I was unsure to go with koa or walnut as both woods are really beautiful, but I'm glad I chose koa.

This thread > * Rob_L's threads! :rofl: So many epic pieces and each one is different! Awesome stuff man, looking forward to more cool vids with the new gear! :wub:

One note though, it is a shame that you receive your Carvin back with such sloppy routes (and is that a circular indentation/scratch next to one of the knobs too?) after such a long wait to boot. :(

rob_l have a new NGD every month though :p

Yeah, that sucks. That's why I didn't nag on him very much. Would rather wait than having it looked rushed. The last couple of months I started to nag like crazy though, haha. When that is said, it's not THAT bad. The close up HD pics definitely makes it look a lot worse then it is.

He did also offer a full refund, but we agreed on a half refund. He did install it after all. We'll see if he keeps his word on that one. Will probably take another year :p

That circular thing must be my pubic hair. Sorry about that :lol:

Amazing man, looks like a solid lineup. Glad to see the DC727 Elysian rigged up with MIDI worked out, it inspired me to get MIDI/piezo in something Elysian is finishing up for me too, with a Carvin NT blank =]

Although I still think your old DC727, the blue with red burst is the best of your collection :agreed:

The MIDI/Piezo works really great. Feels like theres less latency in this midi compared to the gk-3 I had on the strat. May only be psychological though, and the piezo sounds REALLY good, kinda get the "wow feeling" everytime I play with it :p

jesus fucking christ

What do all the controls on that Carvin do?

Active/passive push/pull volume knob + tone knobs + active bass and treble knobs. Piezo volume push/push with mid boost or whatever it is + 3-way switch mag/both/piezo. Two splitters, one phase. Midi volume + switch to change patches.

You basically covered my hopes and dreams. Awesome stuff. I bet you worked hard to get that stuff and I will be very upset if you don't do a youtube video of the Blackmachine and other stuff :scream::scream::scream:

I moved back to my mom for a very family friendly rent:lol: Skipped my vacation last year and probably going to skip it this year too, which sucks because I really feel like having one, haha. But it's worth it for having awesome guitars, right? :p
Now I'm just going to save up like crazy to buy an apartment next year. Can't wait to move out! Just had to get this gear bullshit out of the way first :rolleyes:

')