New gear suggestions for Djent

Reaction score
Ohkay, so first let me give you a quick run down of my gear.

Peavey transfex pro head with a 4x12 peavey cab (Serial number 08797559
Schecter Damien 7 in drop G currently with EMGHZ's (unfortuantely)
TS9 OD

and i have a boss me-20 that i don't even because i find it makes my tone horrible and fuzzy.

So I'm a kid, I don't have a job, so my income is low. But since I don't really think I can afford an axe-fx i might just sell my gear except the guitar and get a line 6 pod hd pro rackmount with a pa system. Would that be better for djent? I heard that PA systems would sound better with a modeler such as that because of their increased dynamic range, is this true? I can come close with my current setup but not nearly as good as some of the sounds I've heard.
Any thoughts or opinions or suggestions would be appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RichIKE

Warforged
Reaction score
do a search for "djent tone" or "djent tone needed" in the search bar on the top left, there are a plethora of threads covering this subject. also welcome to ss.org.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
switch over to a 707 or an 81-7. And never forget that a lot of how good a rig sounds depends on the player.

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
seriously i think they may be kidding you a bit, but just search it out and you'll be sure to find something without getting the flack, you may or may not deserve, luck! regards

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
Word dude

Rather then add heaps of snark to the conversation I'll chime in with the idea that YES, a PodHD would be a fantastic choice. picking up a PA speaker would be awesome too, but I'd pick up the Pod first and then slowly peice it together.

The pods are fantastic for the price, and they DO have some fantastic tones in them, but the thing about it is that its up to you to find them. By the time you've got enough experience with it to actually make some sounds you want you'll have the skillset to set up to an Axe, or an Axe 2 or 3 or whatever is out at the time.

Just think of making a tone in the same way as you think of practicing guitar, its a long process to get the skills down that let you know what you want to do, but its absoltuly worth it.

Reaction score
Word dude

Rather then add heaps of snark to the conversation I'll chime in with the idea that YES, a PodHD would be a fantastic choice. picking up a PA speaker would be awesome too, but I'd pick up the Pod first and then slowly peice it together.

The pods are fantastic for the price, and they DO have some fantastic tones in them, but the thing about it is that its up to you to find them. By the time you've got enough experience with it to actually make some sounds you want you'll have the skillset to set up to an Axe, or an Axe 2 or 3 or whatever is out at the time.

Just think of making a tone in the same way as you think of practicing guitar, its a long process to get the skills down that let you know what you want to do, but its absoltuly worth it.

Thanks for your input it is very much appreciated!

')