New Gorod Song Playthrough!

• Thread starter KJGaruda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
What an absolute beast this guy is. <3 Gorod, I got into them when "Leading Vision" came out, what a stunning album, still my favourite of theirs and one of my favourite albums of all time.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
These guys tear it up So hard. Glad to see some new stuff.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Hmm. Not bad, but doesn't really feel like a Gorod song to me. One of the things that really struck me about Programmers of a New Decline especially was just how rarely they even played the same thing twice in a row. The songs are constantly evolving, and every permutation of a given riff was noticeably different. Listening to this song, it honestly seems like they're punching below their weight. I'll wait to hear the actual album version, and maybe more new songs, until I really decide what I think about it.

shellbound

Reaction score
Hmm. Not bad, but doesn't really feel like a Gorod song to me. One of the things that really struck me about Programmers of a New Decline especially was just how rarely they even played the same thing twice in a row. The songs are constantly evolving, and every permutation of a given riff was noticeably different. Listening to this song, it honestly seems like they're punching below their weight. I'll wait to hear the actual album version, and maybe more new songs, until I really decide what I think about it.

sadly, i completely agree with this. feels like Gorod Light to me. not that this song itself is bad, but it's just most of their stuff is so ridiculously good. still, a beast of a player and it was a pleasure watching him.

GiveUpGuitar

Give Up the Goods!
Reaction score
sadly, i completely agree with this. feels like Gorod Light to me. not that this song itself is bad, but it's just most of their stuff is so ridiculously good. still, a beast of a player and it was a pleasure watching him.

You have to appreciate how well they maintain their sound, despite essentially "dumbing it down," for lack of a better phrase. They just have certain licks and techniques about them that scream "I am GOROD!"

I can definitely agree its a step down from Programmers, but still Gorod none the less :metal:

Sammy J

Reaction score
You have to appreciate how well they maintain their sound, despite essentially "dumbing it down," for lack of a better phrase. They just have certain licks and techniques about them that scream "I am GOROD!"

I can definitely agree its a step down from Programmers, but still Gorod none the less :metal:

I find this post odd, as to me I feel Gorod has only stepped up the technicality in their music.

If you look at how they were during Neurotripsicks to how they are now, the tech/jazz parts have definitely overtaken the more brutal undertones of that album.

Personally, Leading Vision was my favourite Gorod album and that may just be the least tech of them all. I'd happily go for another album in a similar vein.

Having said that, the guitar playthrough of that track has me pumped for their latest release - sounds good!

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I find this post odd, as to me I feel Gorod has only stepped up the technicality in their music.

If you look at how they were during Neurotripsicks to how they are now, the tech/jazz parts have definitely overtaken the more brutal undertones of that album.
I took his post to mean that, based on this track, Gorod seemed to be simplifying their sound compared to previous albums.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, going from Programmers of a New Decline and their EP following that to hearing this, is fairly disappointing. I'm hoping it's a weaker track on the album, or maybe with hearing the full mix it'll come alive but it's ...not that Gorod-y like the previous two

GiveUpGuitar

Give Up the Goods!
Reaction score
I took his post to mean that, based on this track, Gorod seemed to be simplifying their sound compared to previous albums.

Yes this is what I meant. They've DEFINITELY upped the technicality of their music, but they've also made it way less all over the place.

')