New guitar - CST

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
WOW,,, Dude you are one lucky bastard! That is one of my all time favorite 7's ever. Beautiful guitar. Make sure when you put up more pics that you show some back shots and close up's on that front. Congrats man you did well.....

~A

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I wish I had one of those :lol: Although, I think it's a tie between this and the RG2127X-TKF for the one that induces the most drool from me...probably the 2127 since I don't see them as often :lol:

But I want piezos bad...

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drew- Good pics!

I dont' think anyone really knows about the PB-1/PB-2 thing. Our best guess is that 15 (fifteen) RG7-CST's were made. In Europe they got the PB (Piezo Bridge) model designation. Not sure why we got "CST". And to be totally honest, I don't care. LOL

The pickups thing I'll check on further.

These things really are hard to get info on. Not only because Ibanez isn't forth-coming with production info and specs, but also because there are so few, and even fewer willing to pull neck screws.
:D

It is indeed a stunning example of what a guitar can be.

[Off-Topic]
If you guys would like, we would be happy to offer SevenString.org free space at Jemfest for displays, t-shirt sales, etc. There was a good SS.org turnout this year; even an attempt at a HQ in one of the hotel rooms! LOL With some promotion help from the local guys, everyone could benefit. Plus, Jemfest LOVES 7-string players. Hell, our first headliner was Ken Burtch!

I'll leave it as an option for you guys. Contact Gabe or myself and we'll see what we can do.
[/Off-Topic]

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Kevan said:
These things really are hard to get info on. Not only because Ibanez isn't forth-coming with production info and specs, but also because there are so few, and even fewer willing to pull neck screws.
:D

Goddamn collectors. :lol:

Personally, I'm all about the gurilla takeover - just show up and overrun the place and mock all the guys with their puny little six stringers with handles and flowers on them, but I suppose if push came to shove we could be induced to behave... ;)

butch

Reaction score
The RG7CST is truly one of my favorite guitars. I've had mine for a few years now (thanks to Rich at Ibanezrules.com). Truly a stunning guitar, and I don't play it nearly as much as I should, but there are only so many hours in the day. The only complaint I had about the CST guitars (both 6 & 7) was that you couldn't use the piezo and magnetic pickups together. Thanks to Kevan, that is easily changed (and fully reversable). Contact Kev for the details.

Cheers,
Butch

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mine came to me pre-modded - bought it off a buddy of Kevan's.

Actually, Kevan, I want to talk to you about that, I'm wondering if maybe the wiring's a bit off... is there a diagram online with what each position should do?

I think I SLIGHTLY prefer the tone of my UV, at least for lead, but the two guitars compliment each other quite nicely.

-D

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Kevan said:
D
[Off-Topic]
If you guys would like, we would be happy to offer SevenString.org free space at Jemfest for displays, t-shirt sales, etc. There was a good SS.org turnout this year; even an attempt at a HQ in one of the hotel rooms! LOL With some promotion help from the local guys, everyone could benefit. Plus, Jemfest LOVES 7-string players. Hell, our first headliner was Ken Burtch!

That was me and Jski7 and some of my homies \m/

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Drew said:
Mine came to me pre-modded...
...by I tech that I highly respect, Kevin Rigney in ATL.

Drew said:
Actually, Kevan, I want to talk to you about that, I'm wondering if maybe the wiring's a bit off... is there a diagram online with what each position should do?
It took me a while to find (***SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*** many banners now, and the Search function still hasn't been repaired 5 years later...). Here ya go:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7123
(new all-color diagram coming soon)

If someone wants to copy/paste that for the archives here, consider this my written permission. :)