New Guitar Day !

• Thread starter Big Rich
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Big Rich

Reaction score
i got these both at the same time, the older ltd 7 strings are sick so whenever i find them for sale i just buy them. cant go wrong with any of them they all just feel so solid and sound awesome. the older ltd's in general used to be much better, aside from the hardware (floating bridges that arent bad as long as you block them and keep them as a hardtail) you really got a nice guitar for your money

first is the m207, basswood body maple /rosewood bolt on neck. the guitar shreds, neck feels solid and it sounds sick, i might be losing my ear a little bit but the duncan designed pickups sounded kinda decent. im still changing them for the petrucci crunchlab/liquifire setup with a 5 way to split coils just because it has the route for passives only and i guess its not too bad switching things up with passives as much of an active snob as i am

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

next is this m307, its a sparkly purple color called purple metallic and it looks awesome. i couldnt believe how good this guitar played, has the feel of a guitar that costs a couple grand. the rosewood is a tight grain and glides like ebony, these had mahogany bodies with a mahogany neck thru. the thing sounds big and clear. the hz's suck and i kinda think the duncan designed pos pickups in the m207 sounded better than these but their getting ripped out for a 707/60-7..

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

all three of my 7s together. f207. m207, & m307

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
great purchases!
i'm always on the look-out for an H 307 myself but the M series looks pretty snazzy in it's own right!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Realistically, you could just put passive-sized Blackouts in the 207.

Big Rich

Reaction score
Realistically, you could just put passive-sized Blackouts in the 207.

i might as well switch it up

every guitar i own besides one of them has emgs. ive just recently began to experiment with different passives, i still like actives better but im just thinking it might be a good idea to have different pickups in another guitar since i have so many

here are all my other guitars with emgs

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

Big Rich

Reaction score
ive played alot of brands nothing fits my hand better than the esp necks. especially the lynch guitars, i have big hands so the wide necks and spacing on them fit me perfect. had issues with a guitar once and they took care of it no question customer service was awesome. so yea i have some brand loyalty haha

haffner1

Reaction score
My first guitar was an M207, but I never got on with the neck. The trem was very tempermental too. But I always liked how it looked and balanced. I would like to get an M307, but I would have to replace the trem probably if it is the same as on the M207.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Nice collection man.
Those 43mm nut necks are the shit IMO.
That one on the far left in the photo just above is sick.

Big Rich

Reaction score
the 307 and 207 have the same bridges, you cant just replace them with a Floyd, your going to have to route a little bit. i honestly think the bridges are awesome as long as you block them so they don't float. they never go out of tune that way and i feel that with lower tuning its a plus to have the fine tuners to help with tuning it. the gear ratio with the head stock tuners can get annoying when your tuning lower than A

')